While there are several versatile mice out there to fulfill more than one purpose, a gaming mouse is engineered for just one purpose; to assist you in gaming.
A good gaming mouse is configurable to the core and is equipped with sensors so that it can track your every move precisely.
Thus, you can say that it is more sensitive, more precise, and responsive than a regular mouse and has more buttons than the latter that you can program according to the game you intend to play. The ergonomic design of the gaming mouse makes it comfortable to use for long play hours compared to a regular mouse which may hurt your hands, causing you to lose concentration in gaming.
There are tons of gaming mice alternatives in the market. While some may be cheap and lack many features, others are pricy but have advanced sensors, RGB lighting, and removable weights that you can adjust to your preference. To help you select the best mouse for elevating the gaming experience, in this article, we’ve put down some of the best gaming mice, both wired and wireless, for different hand sizes and grip styles.
Factors against which you should assess a gaming mouse
For you, the best gaming mouse is one that feels most comfortable in your grip and delivers an impressive performance.
You’ll find two types of sensors in the gaming mouse, optical and laser. While both offer a great gaming experience, the one with the optical sensor has better accuracy than the one with the laser sensor.
Wireless mice are gaining popularity these days, but they have their share of limitations, the prominent one being their limited battery life, especially with RGB lighting. So if you want to go wireless, choose the one with more than 20 hours of battery life in general.
CPI or Counts per inch is the measure of mouse sensitivity. Thus, a mouse with higher CPI will be more sensitive to your movements.
It is another factor to measure the sensitivity of the mouse. It measures the dots per linear inch that a mouse can detect. So, the more the DPI number, the more sensitive a mouse is.
It simply means how you generally like to hold a mouse with your hands. There are three grip styles in general; your grip type is the one you are most comfortable in:
- Palm Grip: In this grip style, the palm rests on the mouse back and, the fingers are in contact with the front portion of the mouse
- Claw Grip: While your wrist rests on the mouse pad, the palm does not touch the mouse at all. Finally, your fingertips hold the mouse from the edges and the top buttons.
- Fingertip Grip: Here, the wrist and palm are in the air and do not touch the mouse or the mat. You scroll the wheel, hold the mouse and click the mouse buttons with your fingertips.
Razer Naga X
Razer Naga X is a wired mouse and lightweight alternative to other MOO mice. Razer Naga X is suitable for gamers having medium to large palms. The USP of this MMO mouse is its 16-programmable buttons that add to its ergonomic design. On its sides, twelve buttons imitate the function keys of the keyboard. Apart from this, you get two clickable panels, a scroll wheel for zooming in/out, and a button in the middle to adjust DPI.
- Includes Razer Chroma RGB lighting for buttons
- Lightweight and comfortable for gaming purposes, especially in competitive settings
- Razer 5G Advanced Optical Sensor that offers up to 99.4% precision in tracking
- 2nd Generation Optical Mouse Switches that work without physical contact
|Razer Naga X Wired MMO Gaming Mouse: 18K DPI Optical Sensor - 2nd-gen Razer Optical Switch - Chroma...||$59.99||Buy on Amazon|
Equipped with Razer 5G Advanced Optical sensor, this gaming essential offers an exceptional level of precision and accuracy. Besides, this right-handed gaming mouse also features 2nd-Gen Razer Optical Mouse Switches that use the infrared beam to deliver an impressive response time of 0.2ms.
Razer Basilisk Ultimate
If you are serious about gaming, you should check out the dashing Razer Basilisk Ultimate. It is an up-gradation of its cheaper counterpart, Basilisk Essential and, it has some notable features. Razer Basilisk Ultimate is a wireless mouse and, you’ll get a wireless charging dock along with it.
Just like its ancestors, it’s a right-handed MMO mouse, and it suits the first-person shooter (FPS) style. It mimics its cheaper variant in look and feels. You’ll find a button under the tip of your right thumb, so it is comfortable to operate. Although technically, there are 11 programmable buttons, only nine are customizable.
|Razer Basilisk Ultimate Hyperspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse w/ Charging Dock: Fastest Gaming Mouse...||$141.23||Buy on Amazon|
Some of its highlights are as follows:
- 11 programmable buttons with excellent thumb support
- Customizable sensitivity of the scroll wheel
- 14 Customizable Razer Chroma Lighting
- Stronger Sensors
- Battery life expandable up to 100 hours
There are two left-right clickers, a clickable scroll wheel, and two buttons to change resolutions. Besides these, you’ll find two shortcut buttons on the side and an FPS sniper paddle that adjust the sensitivity to offer precise clicks.
Logitech G502 Hero
Logitech G502 HERO is suitable for large-handed people and, people with small hands will have to worry about getting a good grip on this one. While this mouse is a little heavy, you can customize its mass by removing the weights attached to it.
This ergonomic mouse is suitable for the FPS style of gaming and offers low click latency, a wide CPI range, and you can also adjust the polling rate to suit your preference.
Other features are as follows:
- Excellent built quality and gives a premium feel
- Equipped with a top-notch sensor and offers low-click latency
- Adjustable weight
- Compatible with both Windows and macOS
- Use the LIGHTSYNC technology to flaunt the immersive RGB experience
|Logitech G502 HERO High Performance Wired Gaming Mouse, HERO 25K Sensor, 25,600 DPI, RGB, Adjustable...||$39.99||Buy on Amazon|
This mouse has 11 thoughtfully designed and placed programmable buttons, switches, side grips, magnetic doors, and other components to elevate your gaming experience.
Logitech G604 Lightspeed
G604 Lightspeed is another outstanding mouse by Logitech. Even though its shape is more suitable for office purposes, it can also serve as a gaming mouse owing to its impressive features. This MMO gaming mouse provides you with low-click latency when you use it in combination with the receiver or Bluetooth. This wireless mouse has tons of programmable buttons that are comfortable to access while you’ll focus on gaming.
Some of its features are as follows:
- Comfortable and smooth experience
- Good software support with lots of customizations
- 15 Fully Programmable buttons
- Powered by Logitech Wireless Technology
- Uses the Advanced HERO 25K SENSOR
|Logitech G604 LIGHTSPEED Wireless Gaming Mouse with 15 programmable controls, up to 240 hour battery...||$60.90||Buy on Amazon|
A G-shift button is another impressive feature of this gaming mouse. When you press and hold it, a new set of commands fire up at your disposal, giving you more options. However, it is not a good option for small hands as its size is a little longer than usual. Overall, Logitech G604 Lightspeed has several improved features than its predecessor Logitech G602.
Razer Atheris is a typical MMO mouse, much compact than other options we’ve listed here. It is one of the petite gaming mice out there. Due to its compact size, it is a perfect choice for you if you travel often. You can use it wirelessly using Bluetooth technology or connect the receiver present within the mouse’s body. While its Count per Inch (CPI) range is pretty satisfactory, it’s less customizable than other mice of the Razer family.
Some of the notable features are as follows:
- Compact and travel-friendly design
- Brisk Optical Sensor
- Customizable game-specific profiles
- Low Power Consumption
- Separate DPI values for the X- and Y-axis
|Razer Atheris Ambidextrous Wireless Mouse: 7200 DPI Optical Sensor - 350 Hr Battery Life - USB...||$43.24||Buy on Amazon|
While the mouse is gaming-oriented, it is so compact that an average-sized hand can operate it using the fingertip grip. People with small hands can have a comfortable claw grip on this one, and people with large hands should look at other alternatives. It can prove to be a good travel mouse when you need to indulge in gaming in constricted places.
Razer DeathAdder V2 Mini
As the name suggests, Razer DeathAdder V2 Mini is a smaller variant of the Razer DeathAdder V2 available for US$44.99. It is an exceptional mouse, perfectly fulfilling the purpose, gaming. It is a mouse and one of the lightest weight mice you’ll come across; this is what makes it perfect for First-person shooter (FPS) and ultra-light gaming scenarios.
Some of its impressive features are:
- It comes with sweat absorbent and anti-slip grips
- 8500 DPI optical sensor precisely tracks your movements with pixel-perfect accuracy
- Stunning Performance and Snappy Response Time
- 6-programmable buttons
- 100% PTFE mouse feet to give a smooth experience
- Equipped with Razer Synapse 3 profile that lets you customize DPI settings and button configurations
|Razer DeathAdder v2 Mini Gaming Mouse: 8500K DPI Optical Sensor - 62g Lightweight Design - Chroma...||$21.44||Buy on Amazon|
You can customize its CPI range to a large extent, and it has one of the lowest response times thanks to its low click latency. Since it is of small size, it is a perfect MMO mouse for small and average hand-size gamers who can use it with any grip. On the other hand, users with large hands will only be comfortable with the fingertip grip.
Roccat Kone Pro
The ROCCAT Kone Pro is an ergonomic gaming mouse perfect for competitive gaming. It is engineered after 14 long years of dedication and is one of the most advanced MMO mice out there. This wired and extremely lightweight mouse is perfect for all hand sizes and grip styles. Its shape is exemplary and super comfortable, yet you don’t have to compromise on performance.
Its highlights are as follows:
- Perfectly refined Ergonomic shape to elevate the gaming experience
- Extreme lightweight outer shell with 66gm overall weight
- Equipped with Titan Switch Optical that offers responsive click and tactile precision
- Its Titan Scroll Wheel Pro can quickly adjust to the finger temperatures
- Inbuilt Owl-Eye 19K DPI optical sensor that accurately tracks the movements to provide a smooth experience
|ROCCAT Kone Pro PC Gaming Mouse, Lightweight Ergonomic Design, Titan Switch Optical, AIMO RGB...||$44.99||Buy on Amazon|
This MMO mouse fits like a glove, and the minimal distractions keep you focused on the game.
The Titan Optical scroll switch provides a responsive click making your mouse reliable and durable. On the outward appearance, AIMO 16.8 million color lighting within its body gives a very iconic look to this gaming mouse.
Corsair Scimitar RGB Elite
If you are an MMO or MOBA gamer, then Corsair SCIMITAR RGB ELITE is an exceptional mouse for you. Even though the mouse body is soft-touch plastic, it is sturdy and gives you a premium feel. This wired gaming mouse has 12-programmable buttons in the side panel that you can move for a more comfortable handgrip. This feature makes Corsair SCIMITAR RGB ELITE adaptable to all grip sizes. For large hand sizes, a palm grip is more convenient. Small hands can comfortably operate the mouse with a fingertip grip.
Some of its features are as follows:
- It has a custom PixArt PMW3391 native 18,000 DPI optical sensor, which you can modify up to 1 DPI resolution step.
- Side panel with 17-programmable buttons that you can adjust accordingly
- A braided cable to minimize the wear and tear during gaming
- Equipped with dynamic RGB lighting control and full-system lighting synchronization across compatible CORSAIR peripherals
|Corsair Scimitar RGB Elite, MOBA/MMO Gaming Mouse, Black, Backlit RGB LED, 18000 DPI, Optical||$59.99||Buy on Amazon|
Corsair SCIMITAR RGB ELITE has low click latency giving it an impressive response time. It has a negligible lift-off distance and, the CPI range is wide enough and can be easily adjusted. This MMO gaming mouse comes with customizable software for Windows PC and Mac, making it usable with both systems. Owing to the four independent RGB lighting zones on its outer body, it is pleasing to the eyes.
SteelSeries RIVAL 650 Wireless
The first-ever wireless mouse of the SteelSeries family, Rival 650 Wireless, is yet another decent mouse for professional gamers. It resembles its wired counterpart SteelSeries Rival 600, and is comfortable for almost all grip types for large and average hands. However, it is not ideal for small hands because it is longer than a regular mouse.
This mouse gaming mouse comes with eight 4-gram weights so that you can always increase its mass whenever you need it. Its sensor is pretty snappy due to its low click latency and offers a wide CPI range with almost no errors. An exceptional feature of this mouse is its depth sensor which can adjust the lift-off distance up to 0.5 mm.
The high points of this RIVAL 650 Wireless mouse are as follows:
- Quantum WirelessTM for lag-free 1000Hz (1ms) gaming
- It supports 15 minutes of fast charging that can last up to 10+ hours of extensive gameplay
- Equips a secondary depth sensor that is capable of detecting the instant lift-off
- 256 Configurations to tune the Center of gravity
|SteelSeries Rival 650 Quantum Wireless Gaming Mouse - Rapid Charging Battery - 12, 000 Cpi...||$100.28||Buy on Amazon|
You’ll find several programmable buttons on it, but the side buttons are only limited to three. Its high polling rate and short lift-off distance clubbed with other features make it an exceptional mouse for MMO gaming.
SteelSeries AEROX 3 Wireless
Aerox 3 Wireless is an ultra-light and excellent choice for MMO gaming scenarios by SteelSeries. The striking honeycomb design that stretches from the top of the mouse to its bottom cuts down a lot of weight from the mouse. Its ambidextrous build makes it an excellent choice when the gameplay extends for long durations. It is an ideal gaming mouse for right-handed people of any hand size; claw and fingertip grip is feasible on this mouse.
Some features of SteelSeries AEROX 3 Wireless are:
- Super light with just 68 grams weight to assist in fast gameplay
- Supports USB-C fast charging with a battery life of up to 200 hours
- Offers dual connectivity with gaming-grade 2.4 GHz and Bluetooth 5.0
- It has a TrueMove Air optical gaming sensor for pixel-accurate response time
- Made with AquaBarrier technology which makes it water and dust resistant
|SteelSeries Aerox 3 Wireless - Super Light Gaming Mouse - 18,000 CPI TrueMove Air Optical Sensor -...||$90.29||Buy on Amazon|
This mouse is an ideal choice for multi-tasking since you can pair it with two devices at once using the USB cable and Bluetooth technology. You get a smooth and lag-free gaming experience owing to a high polling rate and low click latency. You will find several sensor customization options on its software that can increase the range up to 100 CPI that may be a disappointment for some gamers.
FIRSTBLOOD AJ339 65G
Weighing just 2.29oz(65g), FIRSTBLOOD AJ339 65G is one of the lightest gaming mice in this roundup. This ergonomic mouse with a honeycomb-perforated shell can adapt to different grip positions for any hand size. The non-slip side surface makes it comfortable for use for a long time, be it office or while gaming.
|FIRSTBLOOD ONLY GAME. AJ339 65G Gaming Mouse - Lightweight Honeycomb Shell - RGB Backlit - 12400 DPI...||$20.99||Buy on Amazon|
Its features are as follows:
- Super light with ergonomic design
- No-drag braided cable to avoid wear and tear.
- Customizable 200 to 12400 DPI with software
- Six Programmable Controls
- Over 16.8 million colors and modes for a better visual experience
FIRSTBLOOD AJ339 65G gives you six programmable buttons that you can configure according to the need of the game. Its software lets you adjust the DPI between 200 to 12400 and choose a color as per your preference from over 16.8 million colors to enhance the visual experience while gaming.
This MMO gaming mouse is compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux. You also get one year 1-Years Manufacturer’s Warranty.
The Redragon M908 is a mighty gaming mouse that can fulfill the demands of professional gamers. Due to its programmable buttons and impressive performance during competitive scenarios, it is an excellent mouse for MMO games. Even though it is a wired mouse, the latency is so low that you won’t notice any delay, even if the game is fast-paced.
|Redragon M908 Impact RGB LED MMO Mouse with Side Buttons Optical Wired Gaming Mouse with 12,400DPI,...||$32.89||Buy on Amazon|
Let’s check out its features:
- Five adjustable DPI levels (500/1000/2000/3000/6200 DPI) for your different needs
16.8 million RGB LED color options
- 18 programmable buttons
- 8-piece weight tuning set (2.4g x8 to suit your gaming needs
- Compatible with all versions of Windows along with software support and with Mac OS for use without software
The built of this mouse is large and tall so, it is suitable for palm and claw grip for average hand size. If you have a small hand, it will be too big for you and, extra-large hands will outdo the main buttons. The side panel gives you adequate programmable buttons to increase your abilities and multiply your powers.
Summing Up 🖱️
Here we conclude the list of the best gaming mice alternatives. A gaming mouse is your armor in the virtual gaming world so, it is essential to choose the best one which can give you a competitive edge over your competitors.
While cost is one of the deciding factors, it is also essential to thoroughly check for jitter, CPI, DPI acceleration, and the most important one being your grip style. Firstly, you should decide which grip type you are most comfortable in and then look for a mouse that can fit your hand size for that grip type.