Launched your website and don’t know what visitors think about it? Or they may have some idea on design, topics, etc. to share with you?
Collecting feedback is a continuous improvement to any business. Negative or positive – both helps you.
Negative to improve and positive to build your confidence and succeed further.
Feedback is the breakfast of champions. – Ken Blanchard
Do you agree?
Well, I do!
Why you need feedback on your website?
Lately, I was running out of idea on what topic I should focus more. I had 5-6 topics but unable to decide where to spend more time on it.
Then I decided to ask visitors itself about what they want to see more on Geek Flare. And guess what? I am glad that I setup feedback collection system.
Within one week, I got 63 feedback.
More than 30 feedback requested to write on a topic which I never thought about it. You see how feedback can generate an idea for your blog?
This is what I asked in my feedback box
Feedback can be helpful in many ways including:
- Running out of ideas on what to write or what visitor wants
- Re-designed your website and don’t know if people like it
- Launching a new product and want to know what market thinks
- Know what people like most on your website
- Ask what they don’t like
What type of feedback do you need on your website?
It depends on the purpose. There are various types of feedback you may ask.
Free Text – do you want to ask open-ended questions? Use a single line or multiple lines types of widget.
Checkbox – ask a close-ended question by giving the option to select the answer.
For ex: do you like our new design of the blog?
Net Promoter Score – get the feeling of the visitor if they would like to recommend your service/product/blog to their friends.
I hope you get an idea how feedback can be important to your online business. Let’s look at the following services who can help you to launch feedback in minutes. They all have a FREE plan so you can play around.
I tested feedback through Get Site Control and loved the simple dashboard. It just works and gets you started in FREE.
You can create and design the survey widget which gives you an option to;
- Change the color to match your website branding
- Create the question from premade template like single line, welcome message, radio buttons, drop-down, multiple lines, rating and success confirmation
- Control the behavior it should display like frequency, on scroll, once
- Target to show on all pages, don’t show on specific URI
- Receive notification
GetSiteControl widget is mobile responsive, and along with survey feedback, you can also create the following.
- Beautiful responsive subscription box
- Actionable contact us page
- Get your product noticed with promo widget
- Social follow and share bar
- Chat with your visitors
You can install the plugin right from your WordPress admin. Go ahead and try to see if GetSiteControl can help you.
Hotjar is the all-in-one solution for analytics and feedback. You can have a single script to manage all the actions.
Feedback Polls by Hotjar let you create a feedback box to ask question in radio button, short/long text, checkbox and net promoter score.
You can customize the look & feeling of the box and control the behavior and target devices like desktop, tablet or mobile.
Hotjar got question bank, so you don’t need to spend on thinking what to ask. You may re-use it.
- How did you find our site?
- How likely are you to recommend us to a friend?
- Is our pricing clear?
- Was this article helpful?
An example of net promoter score:
Hotjar also provides a solution such as:
- Heatmap to understand how users interact with your website
- Record how users move their cursor, click and navigate to your website
- Hire your user to test your website or new product
- Collect survey
- Find out on which page the most visitors leave
You may try the FREE plan to explore the Hotjar all-in-one solution.
With the help of Survicate, you can create website surveys and questionnaires with pre-designed templates or from scratch.
You can get the plugin from here.
Mare is focused on providing survey solution and lead generate. They can help you to launch a survey popup with the following features.
- Collect feedback in various ways – multiple choices, 5-star rating, net promoter score, demographic questions
- Lead form to grow your mailing list
- Export data to CSV
- Control how, when & where feedback box should appear
You can connect to Mare from your WordPress by this plugin.
You may also consider the following which does similar to above explained.
Above solution should help you to get feedback for continuous improvement. All of them are having a free plan so go ahead and see which one works for you.
As usual, let me know your feedback on this post in a comment below.