Email marketing isn’t dead. Even with the growing popularity of social media platforms for communication, emails are still one of the best methods of reaching out to people.
However, you should test your email before sending it out. Ignoring this can bring undesirable results for your business and brand.
Let’s find out what these testing tools are and how it helps the email subscriber to have the best possible experience.
What are Email Testing Tools?
Email testing is the process of reviewing your email messages before sending them out to your subscribers. It enables you to analyze and make suitable changes in different elements like typos, design, and formatting by editing what works best for you.
But why do we need an email testing tool?
You don’t want your emails to reach the spam box of your subscriber. It can hamper all of your efforts without even being noticed. To send out the best version of your email that lands where it’s meant to be, it needs to be verified at different stages.
Testing allows you to distinguish the different elements of your email campaign to see how they impact your subscribers. These tools ensure that your message delivers to the inbox of your leads, resulting in better engagement and conversions.
Why Are Email Testing Tools Needed?
With the growing number of email users daily, a successful marketing process demands an effective email campaign.
However, if your marketing messages are still hitting the spam folders or your transactional messages have lower click-through rates, your campaign has a serious problem.
But there’s a way.
Here’s how email testing contributes to the success of your marketing and promotional campaign:
#1. Call to action
Testing your email ensures highlighting the call to action feature persuading the user to make a purchase. With attractive graphics and visuals, the call to action remains visible to the subscriber and increases the chance of engagement.
#2. Click Through Rate
The subject line is the most important thing a user sees before opening an email. Reviewing your emails gives you a clear idea about the entirety of the subject line necessary for the user to engage with your message.
#3. Error-Free Message
Emails may encounter certain coding errors, which can cause the delivery of broken messages. Testing ensures you proofread and finalize the message you intend to send.
Rendering means delivering your message while keeping the fonts, color, and image settings intact.
Some email platforms do not support certain fonts and settings, which may cause improper fonts and broken images when delivered.
Testing ensures proper rendering of the message by keeping backup fonts or images.
Now that you know the what and why it’s time to look at some features your email testing tool must have.
What Features Would An Ideal Email Testing Tool Have?
An ideal email testing tool must work perfectly with the most popular email providers like Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, etc. So that no matter which email provider you use, you can test/edit your email copies.
#2. Able to Identify Sender’s Reputation
A sender score, like a credit score, analyses your email’s health.
It identifies the quality of the sender’s reputation and gives an idea of how you are likely to be perceived in front of your target audience.
A good email testing tool should be able to recognize your sender’s reputation status and inform you if your emails land in the inbox or the spam folder.
#3. Spam Check
Landing in the spam folders of your subscriber’s list makes the resultant effort zero. Email testing tools should check whether your email message passes through common spam filters or not. And if it doesn’t, the tool should suggest what needs to be done.
#4. Defect Tracking
Your email testing is useless if it can’t track and tell you about any problem. In case of any problem, the testing tool must flag and give the message to the team for its timely solution.
Let’s now look at some tools you can try for email testing.
GlockApps is an email testing software that monitors problems with email campaigns and provides solutions for better delivery of emails.
- Email spam checker lets you check your email copy’s health within seconds and provides insights on how to improve it.
- DMARC analytics checker eliminates dubious emails and protects your brand from phishing and spoofing.
- Uptime monitoring tool ensures that your website’s always running
- Inbox email tester helps find out where your emails have exactly landed
- Gappie, the email inbox bot, provides instant reports about your email domain and security.
Besides the free trial, limited to 3 Email spam tests, GlockApps lets you create a customized plan according to your needs to boost your email marketing campaign.
DeBounce is a simple and fast email validation tool that removes spam trapped and deactivated emails, saving your subscriber from unsolicited messages. This results in a clean email list which boosts your marketing and promotional campaign.
- Minimizes bouncing and removes invalid email addresses to keep your email list clean.
- Detects duplicate emails in your sheet and deletes them automatically
- Intelligent spam trap removal eliminates all the records of spammy email addresses
- Powerful integrations with various email service providers help you to automate, import, and keep your lists clean.
- Debounce restless API lets you verify email addresses instantly
DeBounce is a less expensive choice as compared to other validation tools. The best part is you pay only what you use for, and your credits will never expire.
Litmus is an all-in-one email marketing solution that helps optimize your email marketing to boost efficiency and drive more engagement.
With more than 70,000 users across companies like J.P. Morgan and Ford, Litmus is one of the most trusted email marketing solutions.
- Has tools to create high-impact emails for big and small businesses at scale
- Lets your entire team collaborate and work in one central place, resulting in higher efficiency.
- Litmus Personalize enables you to send personalized, automated email campaigns with AI-driven suggestions.
- Automatic email testing boosts accuracy and optimizes your email for more conversions.
- Integrations with different ESPs save your time and effort in managing manual email tasks.
Litmus offers three plans tailored to your email marketing campaign needs. You can go on and try the plan that best suits your team.
Mail Tester is a simple tool that analyses your newsletter’s quality and finds any existing technical problem.
- Checks your spam score every time you send the email to the newly generated email address.
- Integrate mail-tester results with your application by using JSON API
- No advertisement on your email tests
- Get daily, weekly, and monthly usage statistics
Mail-tester offers various plans depending on the number of users, where you only pay for what you use.
- Create temporary and permanent custom email addresses using the MailSlurp domain pool.
- Lets you create email inboxes to send and receive emails
- Built-in integration testing using Selenium and other frameworks
- Email tracking pixels enable you to see who opened the email on the dashboard.
- Supports auto email forwarding based on matching fields like body and the subject line.
MailSlurps offers flexible pricing plans for teams of all sizes. You can start from the Starter plan and upgrade as you go further.
- Subject lines generated on CoSchedule guarantee a 40x more open rate than a Facebook post when you have an active audience base.
- Analyzes your emails and gives you a highly relevant and personalized subject line
- Keep in mind the right amount of words for a subject line and characters to optimize open rates.
- Lets you use emojis in the subject line to boost the open rate by as much as 57%
- Let’s you A/B test your subject lines.
CoSchedule’s subject line tester is a free-to-use tool.
Mailtrap lets you analyze and test your emails to optimize your email campaign before sending them out to your subscribers.
Note: Mailtrap can’t deliver actual emails to real addresses. It’s only designed for testing purposes.
- Powerful automation for testing purposes covers all the testing scenarios with Mailtrap’s API.
- Lets you monitor HTML and CSS support for top email service providers like Gmail, Outlook, and Apple mails.
- Smart and effective email testing with Mailtrap’s SMTP server with no risk of sending real emails to users.
- Automated email testing with the API saves significant time and checks their spam score.
Even though Mailtrap doesn’t deliver actual emails, it’s an effective testing tool that offers various pricing plans starting from a free trial.
Testi@ is an email reviewing application that offers spam check as the primary testing tool.
- HTML editor lets you inspect and test the structure of your email to improve engagement.
- Spam testing allows us to preview emails and check whether the message will hit the right place or not.
- Supports integrated popular ESP like Outlook and Gmail
- The email screenshot tool gets you an instant preview of your final email copy draft
Testi@ has both free and paid plans. So you can try the platform out, see how you like it, and decide on upgrading.
Wrapping up 📧
Each email testing tool is unique in its strengths. These tools are designed to boost the deliverability of the emails to the intended subscriber.
At the same time, these tools reduce the risk of sending a broken email to the user, which might be unhealthy in the long run.
So, if you want to run a smooth email marketing campaign, give one of these tools a try and see the magic for yourself.