Are you planning to polish your Microsoft Excel skills? Here is a list of the best online Excel courses to learn and thrive in the field.
We are familiar with offline or online spreadsheets and have worked around the commands. Microsoft office suite includes Excel helps collaborate, share, and create numbers to perform commands like sums, functions, formulas, charts, and tables.
Microsoft Excel is one of the most powerful tools used by business analysts, accountants, marketing professionals, bankers, entrepreneurs, and scientists, to name a few. Business owners also watch for Excel skillsets while hiring the candidates that make it in-demand.
However, knowing where to start learning Excel is a bit tricky. One should be aware of the best Excel courses online that can cover beginner’s level to advanced.
Here are some of the beginner, intermediate, and advanced Excel courses online that one can opt for.
Excel Skills for Business Specialization
Master the Excel skills for business specialization to thrive in the market and enhance employability portfolio. Coursera’s designed course navigates the basic Excel features such as entering, interface, formatting, and manipulating data. It showcases the use of functions and formulas to perform calculations.
The course will also help create spreadsheets, analyze data, validate data, correct errors, find issues, create tables or chats, and navigate aids for workbooks. The motive of this six-week course is to gain business specialization in Excel and understand the functions and formulas. It offers:
- Creating visualizations of data via graphs and charts while performing basic calculations.
- Setting up a solid foundation and developing Excel skills to increase productivity and efficiency.
- Solving business problems by using techniques and skills.
- Build a solid layer, create meaningful reports, and manage large datasets
- Preventing and checking for errors
- Creating forecast and model data
- Apply conditional logic and advanced formulas
- Creating powerful automation
The courses help establish a solid foundation with the three-set as – Essentials, Intermediate I + II. It contains graded quizzes, assignments, course readings, videos, and programming assignments.
Excel for Data Analytics & Visualization
Coursera’s Excel Skills for Data Analytics and Visualization Specialization course focus on importing, analyzing, and visualizing complex and massive datasets. It includes three courses in the module that includes:
- Data Analysis using excel fundamentals
- Visualization Specialization for the cleaning and preparing data for analysis
- Using lookup and logical functions to link, transform, and categorize data
- Automate data analysis using tables and named ranges
- Using advanced techniques to build a strong foundation
- Creating interactive dashboards
- Dynamic visualization with custom number formatting, conditional formatting, macros, sparklines
- Filtering and summarising data with pivot charts and tables
- Creating custom and specialized charts
- Charting techniques to display the story with data
The course can easily automate preparing and importing data that one can analyze using Power Query. It also introduces Power BI architecture that creates interactive dashboards and reports.
Master Data Analytics
If your motive is to become an insightful Excel professional, edX’s Master data analytics can be an excellent course to start with. It is also known as three skill-building courses that progress at the speed of candidates. One can learn:
- To create attractive data visualization such as modifying, generating, and formatting dashboards and charts.
- To identify data analysis for developing the data-centric mindset and use cases to solve problems.
- To analyze data using PivotTables, Datasets, Functions, Formulas, Decision-Making Tools, What-If Analysis, Pivot Chart, etc.
- To use data models to manipulate and analyze data to understand the motive.
The course covers core fundamentals, data management, and data analysis fundamentals. It also offers a good understanding of spreadsheet management, data wrangling, and analysis. It covers from beginners to complex data modeling and dashboard visualization for strategic decision-making.
Excel for Everyone: Data Management
Excel for Everyone: Data Management offers knowledge to manage complex data wrangling, larger datasets, modeling, and management. It is a six-week intermediate excel course that helps the candidate obtain data insights to make organizational and personal decisions. The course will cover:
- Implementing decision-making and what-if analysis tools
- Managing multiple workbooks and worksheets
- Using logical, data, financial, and statistical functions
- Managing data analysis using Pivot Charts and Pivot Tables
- Analyzing data with tables and datasets
On completion, the candidates will be eligible to obtain a professional certificate.
Excel for Beginners
If you are new to Excel, this course is made for you and helps you master the basic skills to obtain new jobs and opportunities. This Excel for Beginners course can be your first step towards the future and acquiring advanced skills. With this course, one can cover the following topics:
- Build advanced skills to achieve competence in Excel
- Knowledge of workbook anatomy, plotting, manipulating, visualization, data entry
- Identifying general principles of spreadsheets to understand them in a practical, reliable, and efficient way
- Emphasize gaining familiarity and comfort to gain foundational skills
The course covers standard data visualization methods, data manipulation, data entry, storage, anatomy, spreadsheet layout, terminologies, filtering, sorting, pivot tables, and writing simple equations.
Excel from Beginner to Advanced
If you want to gain proficiency in Microsoft Office 365, Excel 2010, 2013, 2016, and 2019 then Udemy’s Microsoft Excel – Excel from Beginner to Advanced can be your first step towards your goals. It includes downloadable exercise files, section quizzes, QA board, etc. The course offers an understanding of:
- Unlocking the versatility and power of PowerPivot, and Excel add-ins
- Creating effective spreadsheets
- Automating day to day tasks
- Mastering functions such as INDEX, AVERAGe, IF, VLOOKUP, MATCH, etc.
- Managing large datasets
- Auditing Excel Worksheet formulas
- Creating dynamic report
It helps build a solid understanding of Microsoft Excel, learn standard functions, create dynamic reports using popular tools, maintain large datasets, dynamic formulas with VLOOKUP, IF, MATCH, INDEX, and automate day-to-day tasks through VBA and Macros.
Financial Modeling and Valuation
Be the rockstar at your office with the Beginner to Pro in Excel: Financial Modeling and Valuation course. This course helps in carrying out the task, discovering company value, designing professional charts, building valuation models, acquiring financial modeling skills, working with pivot tables, functions, visualization, and creating models. It covers:
- Data Entry
- Excel ribbon
- Rows and Columns
- Basic operations
- Excel functions
- Format cells
- Paste special
- Fixing cell references
- Fast scrolling
- Wrap text button
- Excel macros
- Color filter
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Financial functions
- Building P&L
- Pivot Tables
The course is ideal for Data Science, Finance, Entrepenuner, Blockchain professionals, etc., to gain knowledge of Python programming, Captial budgeting, Tesla valuation case study, Numpy, Probability, Marketing, Business Strategy, Tesla’s strategy, Microsoft Outlook, Pre-scripted, Corporate budgeting, etc.
The Complete Excel Series – Level 1, 2 & 3
Kickstart your career as a VBS programmer from Novice with Excel Essentials: The Complete Excel Series – Level 1, 2 & 3 covering Excel 365, 2013, 2016, and 2019. The course offers knowledge about complex and simple formulas, building spreadsheets, using Excel for professionals, available relational databases, advanced functions Visual Basic, and specific PowerPoint presentations. It includes:
- Editing data
- Formatting text
- Entering data
- Tidy large titles
- Copying formulas
- Basic formulas
- Order of mathematical operation
- Rearranging data
- Formatting numbers
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Absolute and relative cell references
The course covers five projects to showcase the power of Excel, such as Mastercall in Vlookups, custom formating, ActiveX control, Building dynamic named ranges, creating macros, etc.
Free Online Excel Training
The Learn Excel – Free Online Excel Training is ideal for beginners or intermediate level. This course comes with 12+ hours of learning with 26 video lessons. It is a free online course for professionals divided into seven modules: Excel basics, essentials, formulas, Data Analysis, charting, extras, and Pivot Tables.
The course includes:
- Data Formatting
- Data Editing, Entry, Number Formatting
- Managing Worksheets
- Working with Ranges and Cells
- Number Formatting
- Custom Lists, Auto-Fill, Flash Fill
- Excel Tables
- Math Formulas
- Logical Formulas
- Excel Formulas
- Text Formulas
- Stats Formulas
- Reference and Lookup Formulas
- Date and Time Formulas
- Formulas Mix and Match
- Data Sorting and Filtering
- Data Validation
- Named Ranges
- Conditional Formatting
- Dynamic Charts
- Advanced Excel Charting
- Macros and VB Editor
The course offers a rock-solid foundation of the Excel world in a comprehensive and structured way.
These online Excel courses with a certificate are available for students and professionals that want to brush up their skills. It will help obtain a solid grasp of basic skills, tips & tricks and utilize them to increase productivity.
Explore some resources to find free online courses to learn anything new.