While installing MQ 8 on Linux, I encountered a warning to increase file-max and nofile.
WARNING: System settings for this system do not meet recommendations for this product
See the log file at “/tmp/mqconfig.4192.log” for more information
[[email protected] server]# cat /tmp/mqconfig.4192.log mqconfig: V3.7 analyzing CentOS Linux release 7.0.1406 (Core) settings for WebSphere MQ V8.0 System V Semaphores semmsl (sem:1) 250 semaphores IBM>=32 PASS semmns (sem:2) 0 of 32000 semaphores (0%) IBM>=4096 PASS semopm (sem:3) 32 operations IBM>=32 PASS semmni (sem:4) 0 of 128 sets (0%) IBM>=128 PASS System V Shared Memory shmmax 4294967295 bytes IBM>=268435456 PASS shmmni 5 of 4096 sets (0%) IBM>=4096 PASS shmall 3424 of 268435456 pages (0%) IBM>=2097152 PASS System Settings file-max 5568 of 201932 files (2%) IBM>=524288 FAIL Current User Limits (root) nofile (-Hn) 4096 files IBM>=10240 FAIL nofile (-Sn) 1024 files IBM>=10240 FAIL nproc (-Hu) 0 of 15891 processes (0%) IBM>=4096 PASS nproc (-Su) 0 of 15891 processes (0%) IBM>=4096 PASS
Are you experiencing the same issue?
IBM MQ recommends having minimum configuration as follows: –
- fs.file-max = 524288
- nofile = 10240
- Take a backup of /etc/sysctl.conf
- Open /etc/sysctl.conf with text editor and add the following
fs.file-max = 524288
- Save the file. To load this setting immediately, you have to execute sysctl –p command else it will be loaded in next system reboot.
- Take a backup of /etc/security/limits.conf
- Open /etc/security/limits.conf with a text editor and the following
mqm hard nofile 10240 mqm soft nofile 10240
- Save the file.
Start the MQ installation again and should be fine.