Did You Lose Google Authenticator Device or Uninstalled?
I received few questions on my last post Joomla 3.2 Upgrade and Secure with Google Two-Factor Authentication from visitor like you on how to recover Joomla Administrator if you accidentally uninstalled Google Authenticator or lost the device. In this article, I will talk about the recovery procedure and how to disable Two Factor Authentication in Joomla 3.2
- Go to Joomla installation directory
- Go to plugins folder
- Rename twofactorauth folder
Now, try to access Joomla Administrator – you will no longer have a secret key field to enter. This is one of the easiest ways to recover Joomla Administrator when Google Authenticator is uninstalled or lost the device.
How to disable Google Two Factor Authentication
You can disable if you wish not to use two-factor authentication for whatever reason.
- Login into Joomla administrator
- Click on Extensions >> Plugin Manager
- Search for Two Factor Authentication – Google Authenticator
- Select Two-Factor Authentication – Google Authenticator and click on Disable
Did it help you to recover your Joomla website?