A plugin with various security measures to keep your website safe and secure.
Take the guesswork out of WordPress security by installing iThemes Security Pro. It keeps threats, hackers, security breaches, and other nasty practices out of the door. You get to use over 30 different security features, such as:
- WordPress Brute Force Protection to limit the number of login attempts
- Detection of file change, in case somebody tries to exploit your data
- Block users that seem suspicious
- Set the bar high for password strength for new users
- Turn on “Away mode” to lock the dashboard when you’re not using it
- Change the default URL of your login page
- Get notified instantly via email when someone tries to hack your sites
- Schedule database backups to keep data and assets intact
You can also turn on two-factor login which requires the credentials + a code sent to the mobile device, to make sure it’s only you who can log in and not someone else.
iThemes Security Pro has a brilliant dashboard from which you can keep an eye on all of the activities that are taking place and make adjustments if needed. It’s super intuitive as well.
You get regular security grade reports so you can identify how things are going on for your site in terms of keeping it secure.
It’s safe to say these features make less than half of what they offer, so I’d definitely recommend getting on board with them and put every security feature into practice for a much safer environment.