Airtable is among the biggest names in the no-code and low-code sector in 2023.
Airtable is a platform that allows users to create powerful, custom applications without writing a single line of code. This platform offers collaborative environments to create and share relational databases.
Airtable can be used in various tasks, such as managing large-scale video production or tracking job interviews. You can also reduce manual work with the automation feature on Airtable.
How is this even possible without coding? With Airtable, you can create a database that will hold various pieces of information that you need when creating an application. You can then use the database to power the visualizations, processes, and integrations and make unique applications that suit your needs.
Why should you use Airtable?
- Light and user-friendly interface. Creating apps on Airtable is straightforward. The tool also has guides in various forms to help you create and launch your apps.
- Supports collaboration. A typical organization has different departments. Airtable has various tools to ensure you share the right data with the right people. You also get inputs from every team member through the collaboration features.
- Integrates with various tools. Airtable has built-in support for tools such as Gmail, Slack, and Dropbox. You can also integrate this platform with over 1000 other tools and websites.
- Highly customizable. You do not have to stick to boring designs, as Airtable is highly customizable. You can always tweak the existing templates to suit your needs.
Unique things you can do with Airtable
Software testing is an important step in the software development cycle. Bug tracking, the process of logging and monitoring issues, can be very tedious. Quality Assurance Analysts need a tool that can track bugs. Airtable has a template where that you can customize for bug tracking.
SWOT analysis allows organizations to understand the four crucial aspects of the business; Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats. Airtable’s SWOT template makes it easy to understand all these aspects. You can go further and grade these factors as either internal or external.
The beauty of digital campaigns is that you can track how they are performing across various channels. Airtable has various tools to help you monitor the performance of Campaigns, Monitor Expenses, and RoI (Returns on Investment).
This campaign tracker template can help business owners determine how their campaigns perform across different platforms. The template has a results table that can help determine the effectiveness of past campaigns.
Creating a product does not mean that a company will make sales. Product launch is an important step in a product’s lifecycle as it opens doors for new customers. Airtable has a template that helps business owners align their goals with the product launch. The template has various features that enable collaboration between various team members.
Create Product Catalogues
Businesses may have a single or just a few products when starting out. However, as they grow, they may expand their product line. Managing product quality and vendor relationships becomes a challenge.
Airtable has a product catalog template where you can get multiple views, search functionality, and filters to help you get information about your products fast.
Create Sales CRM
Customer Relationship Management tools manage a firm’s interactions and relationships with customers. Airtable features a template that helps users stay connected with customers, streamline processes and improve profitability.
Members can create a personalized view of the Sales CRM, such as the kanban view, to analyze how deals perform in the sales funnel.
Do you intend to use Airtable to create your next app? Check out these tools that you can use with Airtable and make your apps more powerful.
Softr is a no-code tool that features pre-built and functional blocks like Maps, Charts, Lists, Calendars, and Tables. You can thus set up and get your app running with its drag-and-drop feature.
Softr allows you to connect your app with data from Airtable. It even gets better as you can set the permissions on who can view and edit various parts of your app.
You can upload the apps you create using Softr on various platforms to be used by Windows, macOS, and Android users. It is also to update the apps with new features and functionalities.
- CRM. You can create A CRM using this template to keep track of all your customers and sales data.
- Team Intranet. You can create a hub that will host all the company’s guides and resources using Softr.
- Client Portal. You can create a portal that lets your clients manage their projects in real-time and view and update data.
- Inventory Management System. With Softr, you can create a portal to manage and track orders, purchase orders, and suppliers.
Softr has a free plan, while the paid plans start from $24/month.
Pory is a platform that helps you create apps visually with the help of your data. The tool has drag & drop blocks to help you create powerful apps. Once you are done creating, you can then connect your app with Airtable with just a few clicks.
The tool allows you to control what users can see, create and edit on your apps.
- Member Portal. You can create a membership directory or members-only page using Pory. The membership will have features like search and filters powered by Airtable data.
- Volunteer Portal. If you have a non-profit organization, you can create an app that manages volunteers, applications, requests, and opportunities.
- Customer Portal. Your Airtable customer data comes to life as a portal that features user groups and permissions.
- Partner Portal. You can use Airtable data to create a self-service portal, but you control what they can do and view.
Pory has a 14-day trial period, while paid options start from $18/app/month.
Paytable allows you to add a members’ area to your site and sell secure access to your Airtable data. It is the perfect option to monetize info products and research.
- Educational Checklists. If you have data that can help people learn new concepts, you can sell it on Paytable.
- Curated Resources. If you have curated resources on topics such as programming, marketing or even learning languages, you can sell them using Paytable.
- Funding and investment opportunities. You can sell data on funding and investment opportunities with just a few clicks.
Paytable has a 14-day free trial, while the paid plans start from $29/month.
Miniextensions comes with various extensions to make Airtable even more powerful.
- Form for Airtable. You can create multipurpose forms with advanced features. You can allow users to update some parts of the existing without necessarily giving them full access to your Airtable data.
- Client Portal. You can share your Airtable data with people outside your organization and still limit what they can see.
- Search Page. You can let users search for products and services with some limits.
Miniextensions has various plans starting from $119 / month, billed annually.
Budibase allows you to easily design, build, automate and scale internal applications. This tool allows you to connect Airtable as your data source and create powerful apps in minutes.
- Design multiplatform apps. Apps created using this tool can run on smartphones, tablets, and PCs.
- Take advantage of building blocks. Budibase has various building blocks, such as Tables, Cards, and Charts, to help you create powerful apps.
- Create custom forms. Using the inbuilt tools, you can create multi-step forms, public forms, and surveys.
- Automate process. You can configure Budibase to automate processes such as sending notifications and emails.
Stackerhq allows organizations to revolutionize how they work by using flexible software created by them. This tool gives you the power of a development team and the simplicity of a spreadsheet without writing a single line of code.
- Bring data together. This tool allows you to bring data from Airtable, Google Sheets, and Spreadsheets to power your apps.
- Control what you build. Off-the-shelf software may not solve your specific needs. This tool allows you to build systems that represent what you really stand for.
- Create flexible software. We live in changing world. Stackerhq allows you to create flexible software that keeps up with the trends and the ever-changing business world.
Stackerhq has a 30-day free trial, while the paid plans start from $59/ Month.
Whalesync is an app that allows you to build real-time, two-way sync without writing any code with just a few clicks. You can turn your data from Airtable into a no-code backend by syncing it with Webflow or Bubble.
- Two-way sync. Once you sync your two apps, for instance, Airtable and Webflow, data will be automatically synced when you update one of the apps.
- Automapping. Whalesync allows you to map fields or tables that share the same name automatically. Mapping does not have to be a problem, as this tool looks at the names and knows what to sync.
- Issues. You can always check errors affecting your sync on the issues dashboard. Some things to check are the service that gave the error, when the error last occurred and the error message.
Whalesync has a 2-week free trial, while the paid plans start from $39/month.
Capiche is a community comprised of software power users aimed at making software more transparent. The platform seeks to connect power users and SaaS to share tips, pricing information, and negotiation tactics to enable them to make better technological decisions.
- Software guides. Business owners can create software guides to make it easy for customers to use their low-code apps.
- Transparent pricing. Capiche offers all the insights users need to know how different apps are priced.
- Get Reviews. Capiche offers reviews from real users to help potential customers make informed decisions.
Airtable is a tool that fits the modern world where individuals and companies are looking for efficiency but still want to create powerful products. Even though Airtable has some amazing features, you can achieve even more when combined with the above tools.
You may also explore some source code management tools to track changes effectively.