There are lots of free caching plugins out there. Does it make sense to pay for one?
Short answer: It totally does.
If you’ve been in the WordPress business for a while, you should know that caching is necessary to make your content travel the web as fast as it can. And when you need to compete with other websites to attract visitors, speed is a top priority. Therefore, paying a moderate annual fee to get a speed advantage is definitely a good investment.
Meet 👋 – WP Rocket
Unlike free caching plugins that are extremely popular with WordPress users, WP Rocket is a premium caching plugin with a very simple user interface and lots of performance features beyond caching, such as database optimization, lazy image loading, and minification.
Immediately after installing WP Rocket on your WordPress, you will begin seeing a substantial decrease in page load time — from a few hundred milliseconds to more than 2 seconds, which is pretty much. And the beauty of it is that you don’t need any technical abilities to get those improvements.
But if you are a power user and you enjoy looking under your website’s hood to see what’s going on in there, WP Rocket also has many settings and options you can adjust to make caching on your website work exactly the way you want.
The first thing you’ll notice when using WP Rocket is its friendly dashboard. In it, you’ll find a clear cache button, which you should use every time you make a change to your website.
The dashboard also provides access to all of WP Rocket settings and controls, and all of them are accompanied by clear explanations you can read without changing screens. And each option has a lifesaver icon you can click to get immediate support on that particular functionality.
What people are saying
- “If you compare WP Rocket with W3 Total Cache, you’ll quickly determine that you don’t need an online course to configure it.” – Chris Lema, VP of Product at Liquid Web
- “Plugins shouldn’t give you headaches, but deliver what’s promised. Keen on quality; we recommend WP Rocket for easy out-of-the-box speed optimization for your WordPress website.” – Michiel Heijmans, partner & COO at Yoast
- “Yet a fan of W3 Total Cache, WP Rocket is beyond comparison and widely convinced me. It helps boost the performance of its site without effort and improve user experience.” – Gwenaël Le Cointre, web project leader Creative Holding / Z Models
- “WP Rocket hits all the right notes. The easiest configuration, coupled with best practices WordPress code, combined with excellent customer support. I really can’t speak highly enough of this plugin and the team.” – Matt Cromwell, VHead of support at WordImpress
Why trust WP Rocket?
- Over 1.1 million websites accelerated with WP Rocket.
- Excellent rating on TrustPilot
- 3 minutes is what it takes to get a faster website with WP Rocket
Not convinced? There’s always an alternative
Say hello 🤝 – Hummingbird
Hummingbird by WPMU DEV is a premium caching WordPress plugin, offering website acceleration for a monthly or annual fee. Unlike WP Rocket, Hummingbird offers a free 7-day trial.
Hummingbird accounts for more than 1.3 million downloads. With features like database optimization, it can make a big difference right from the start.