Semrush is a 360-degree marketing platform that allows marketers to manage SEO-related tasks, digital content, social media management, PR, and reporting all in one convenient location.
Over 10 million marketing professionals worldwide use this leading platform, including small businesses, large agencies, and enterprise-level companies thanks to its results-driven features, ease of use, and the value adds it brings to those looking to grow their online businesses.
It’s true, other single SEO tools are available for less than Semrush’s comprehensive platform.
So, the question is—if you are an SEO manager or an agency—why should you consider Semrush for your company over these other tools?
Would Semrush be beneficial for your company’s bottom line?
Would everyone on your team be able to use it?
Here, I address these questions, explain Semrush’s multiple capabilities, and give you some tips on how to determine if you should consider using it for your business.
Let’s get started… аnd before we start, we invite you to use our link to a very special Semrush offer: 30-day FREE Trial!
What Is Semrush?
Semrush is an all-in-one digital marketing platform with over 55 tools and solutions to help you optimize websites for search engines, discover key marketing insights, uncover competitors’ strategies, and bolster online visibility.
Semrush has tools for virtually every aspect of marketing:
- Social media management
- Public relations
- Competitor research
- Content marketing
These tools help SEO managers, teams, businesses, and digital marketing professionals achieve measurable results and grow their websites.
Semrush is one of the most popular marketing platforms, used by 10M+ professionals and 30% of Fortune 500 companies, including Amazon, Apple, IBM, Samsung, Walmart, Tesla, and P&G. To date, it has garnered 21 global awards as the best SEO software suite.
This award-winning digital marketing solution has a massive database of 20B+ keywords, 808M domains crawled, 140 geo databases, and 42 trillion backlinks. Semrush’s nearly infinite data pool can help you optimize to rank higher in the search engine results pages (SERPs), achieving a higher ROI.
With so many tools available to help you solve your team’s marketing challenges, let’s break down the main solution categories it offers.
With Semrush’s SEO-focused tools, you have access to millions of local and national keywords. You can also view the backlink profile of any domain, run regular SEO audits, and track your SERP positions daily. With your subscription to Semrush, you get several SEO tools, which we discuss below.
Semrush offers six tools for keyword research, helping you rank higher SERPs and attract more traffic to your site:
- Keyword Overview: Discover the paid and organic value of keywords based on intent, volume, number of results, difficulty, competition level, CPC, variations, SERP features, and more.
- Organic Research: Gain an edge over your competition by ranking higher for the most profitable keywords in your industry. This tool will help you optimize organic keywords and win in the SERPs.
- Keyword Magic Tool: Explore 22B+ keywords and create 1000s of keyword combinations from a single seed keyword.
- Keyword Gap: Find new keyword opportunities to launch more effective SEO campaigns. This tool will help you benchmark up to five keywords at a time.
- Keyword Manager: Create powerful keyword lists to fit your goals and SEO strategies with the help of real-time insights on up to 1,000 keywords at a time. You can also share your list with your team for free to ensure clarity and cohesion in your strategy.
- Organic Traffic Insights: Integrate Semrush with Google Analytics to find unavailable keywords and analyze how your site performs in organic searches.
Semrush’s on-page SEO tools give you all the insight you need to analyze your site’s health, find and fix issues, and improve crawlability. These tools even give you tips on how to improve your rankings.
- Site Audit: Conduct audits using a high-performing crawler to fix issues with actionable solutions. You can also apply crawling settings.
- On-Page SEO Checker: Assess technical and on-page SEO aspects of your site and get captivating content ideas, find opportunities for link building, SERP feature targeting, and more.
- Log File Analyzer: Find and fix navigational and structural issues and get ideas on how to manage bot activity and optimize the crawl budget. Analyzing access logs, you will get a complete idea of the Google crawler’s interactions with your site.
Local SEO Tools
The importance of local SEO cannot be understated. Semrush’s local SEO tools allow you to analyze your site’s search and visibility and find ways to create the most profitable local SEO strategy.
- Listing Management: Automatically distribute your business data to 70+ authoritative directories (in the U.S.). Listing Management also allows you to track your local rankings by ZIP code and oversee reviews in different directories, so you can address both negative and positive reviews in a timely manner.
Competitor SEO Analysis
Get to the bottom of your competitors’ strategies quickly and find your niche before they do with Semrush’s competitor analysis tools. These insights offer invaluable data to help you carve out your angle and secure your market share, first.
- Organic Research: Enter your rival’s domain name to get insights on their keyword strategies and use these insights to inform your own SEO strategy. Use filters and reports to understand their positioning and rankings in greater detail.
- Traffic Analytics: View your competitors’ total traffic, bounce rates, traffic sources, time on page, and more to build a better strategy for your brand.
- Advertising Research: Source better opportunities in paid search by collecting deeper insights into the ad landscape and finding inspiration in your competitors’ ad strategy.
- Social Media Tracker: See what your competitors are up to on social media and build better plans to increase your engagement rates.
Link Building and Prospecting
Why create great content if no one sees it? Amplify your message by creating authoritative backlinks to ensure that your customers find you when they need to.
Start with Semrush’s link-building and prospecting tools. Semrush offers the largest backlink database on the market, meaning you get access to trillions of backlink opportunities right at your fingertips.
- Backlink Analytics: Discover inbound links using a robust backlink builder powered by the fastest and largest database in the market. Find backlink opportunities for your website by analyzing those of your competitors. Uncover the leading referral domains and apply filters to find relevant sites and backlink history.
- Backlink Gap: Compare up to five backlink profiles of your competitors and profitable link-building opportunities within your market niche.
- Backlink Audit Tool: Monitor your site’s backlink profile to address any toxic backlinks, find opportunities to turn no-follow links into follow-links, ensure your links are originating from domains with high authority, and make sure your site is safe from hefty Google penalties.
- Bulk Backlink Analysis: Grow your list of link-building prospects and follow your competitors closely from a 30,000-foot view.
- Link Building Tool: Source reputable backlinks through powerful outreach campaigns. You can also run and automate your campaign with this tool.
Monitor your site performance in Google’s SERPs and find ways to enhance your digital performance through successful PPC and SEO campaigns with these tools:
- Position Tracking: Monitor your online performance daily by tracking the success of your keyword-targeted content, the types of devices accessing your site, the performance of your competitor domains, and the search engine performance of your site. Position tracking also helps you monitor your campaign progress, detect and manage instances of keyword cannibalization, and enhance your targeting actions based on accurate, daily updated data.
- Sensor: Discover SERP volatility on Google and Baidu based on daily ranking changes. This tool also identifies signs of Google algorithm updates and tracks the latest industry changes so you can pivot your strategy when necessary.
- Ranks: Assess the organic visibility of domains in different global markets. Analyze domains with the highest paid keywords, approximate paid traffic and paid traffic expenditure, and extract useful data.
Content Marketing Using Semrush
To get the most promising prospects, you need highly relevant and informative content. With Semrush’s tools, you can find relevant content topics, get actionable advice to develop more SEO-friendly writing, track your content reach and brand mentions, and use real-time metrics for auditing and enhancing your content.
Content Development and Distribution Tools
Create and distribute your content efficiently with Semrush tools that help you find topic ideas, source professional copywriters, and quickly share your articles with the world.
- Topic Research: Find highly relevant content ideas to develop quality, engaging content that will resonate with your audience. Get trendy topics and questions commonly asked online and headlines to create traffic-driving content strategies.
- Marketing Calendar: Create a content calendar to manage your postings, plan editorial content, collaborate effectively with your team, and track your content activity.
Content Marketplace: Find a suitable copywriter to generate your content. These vetted copywriters are ready to create unique, engaging content and optimize your existing content to help you to achieve better traffic and ROI.
Content Marketing Analytics
You can’t know if your strategy is working without detailed data. With these tools, you can analyze content performance and improve your content strategies.
- Content Audit: Inspect all of your content to uncover your best-performing articles and which articles need an update. Customize your audits with real-time metrics from Google Analytics, Search Console, and Semrush.
- Post Tracking: Monitor how your competitors’ articles and your articles are performing on external publications. You can track backlink counts, social engagement, referral traffic, keyword rankings, and more.
Content Optimization Tools
Optimize your content for better performance with:
- SEO Content Template: Generate customized briefs for SEO-friendly content to help drive organic traffic to your site. Get actionable tips and topic ideas based on your competitors’ keywords.
- SEO Writing Assistant: Use the assistant to improve your content readability, get an SEO score to get a sense of how your content is likely to perform in the SERPs, ensure that your tone is consistent and engaging, and make sure your content is unique and original with the plagiarism checker. This tool works with other platforms, including a WordPress plug-in and a Google Docs add-on for ease of use.
Market Research with Semrush
Discover your competitors’ SEO and marketing strategies by analyzing their traffic and promotion tactics, unveiling keyword and backlink gaps, and getting bright, new content and backlink ideas to grow your market positioning.
Market Analysis Tools
Keep the spotlight on your business with the help of market analysis with Semrush. Find new and emerging market trends with expert data.
- Market Explorer: Discover your market potential, size, industry key players, traffic generation tactics, and market share.
Competitor Ad Monitoring
Monitor your competitor’s mentions and internal changes to their strategy, while also keeping an eye on your audience’s ever-changing sentiments and the competitive landscape.
Paid Marketing Tools
Analyze your competitors and perform keyword research to create the most attractive ad copy. Use the Keyword Magic Tool for paid ad keyword research.
In addition, the PLA Advertising tool analyzes how other advertisers’ ads are performing on Google Shopping. This tool will also help you find search queries that are triggering competitor PLAs.
Semrush’s advertising tools help you roll out the red carpet to your prospective customers while keeping your costs low. These tools give you the data to identify the best keywords for your PPC campaigns, optimize your ad spend, analyze the success of your campaigns, and monitor your rival brands’ landing pages and ad copies.
The advertising tool suite includes individual tools like the PPC Keyword tool, Keyword Gap tool, Keyword Magic tool, and the Keyword Manager.
Semrush offers three levels of paid plans:
- Pro: $119.95/month for 5 projects, 10K results/report, 500 keywords, and tools. Ideal for small teams and beginners.
- Guru: $229.95/month for 15 projects, 30K results/report, 1,500 keywords, and tools. Ideal for mid-size businesses and agencies.
- Business: $449.95/month for 40 projects, 50K results/report, 5,000 keywords, and tools. Ideal for enterprises and large agencies.
- Custom: Get a quote based on your needs.
You can trial the Pro or Guru plans for FREE before choosing the right solution for you by activating our special free trial here!
Benefits of Using Semrush for Teams
I know that was a lot to cover, but that’s only because Semrush has a lot to offer! With so many SEO tools to choose from on the market, it’s good to have a deep understanding of the capabilities of each of these platforms.
Semrush is a holistic, top-performing digital marketing platform that fits a range of needs for teams of all shapes and sizes.
Let’s summarize the benefits of selecting Semrush for your team, no matter your makeup or industry.
Ease of Use
The platform is easy for everyone on your team to navigate and use — from SEO managers to marketing interns.
It doesn’t require you to be an SEO expert; the user-friendly interface and impressive knowledge base can help you uncover the functionalities and workflows that best suit your needs.
Every-day Useful Features
Having a digital marketing platform with a boatload of fancy features is great, but the real win with Semrush is that these tools make the day-to-day, tedious marketing tasks that can eat up your creative energy, time, and budget, a breeze.
There are tools that you can automate (like the Social Media Poster), and then there are tools that you can get excited about using every day, like Keyword Magic.
Semrush offers powerful features, each one designed to help you attain maximum benefits, every single day.
Largest Keyword Database
Creating an effective SEO strategy demands a veritable well of a good variety of keywords. Other SEO platforms don’t have an extensive database to meet such demands.
Semrush stands alone with its 22-billion keyword database, the largest in the SEO industry. This diverse list of keywords helps you enrich your SEO and PPC campaigns and can help you achieve your preferred results faster.
In addition, Semrush also updates its database frequently to ensure data accuracy, so you can rest easy that you’re getting the most up-to-date search volume metrics.
Semrush offers everything in a single platform, whether it is SEO, content marketing, paid advertising, social media marketing, or market research. This enables you to perform all of your marketing tasks in one place, rather than paying for different tools which can quickly eat up your marketing budget.
Not only does Semrush offer a holistic marketing solution, the platform also integrates and pairs with many of your other favorite industry-leading tools like Google Analytics, Google Business Profile, WordPress Plug-in, and more.
Before you commit to a subscription plan, you can give it a try with an exclusive free 30-day offer. Experiment with all of the features and decide whether Semrush is the right platform for your business.
The free trial will allow you to view local and national keywords, run audits, track SERPs, analyze backlinks on any domain, and do much more.
Should You Consider Using Semrush?
In a word: YES!
Semrush is definitely worth the investment if you are looking for an SEO and marketing platform for your company. If you want to improve your site’s online presence and grow your business, purchasing a Semrush plan is the easy choice to make.
Its tools for keyword research, competitor analysis, PPC ads, content marketing, and more are designed to provide maximum benefits.
In addition, its interface is easy to use for all. Semrush also has a quality support team and a wealth of resources and training courses to help you better utilize the platform. So, go for the free trial and experience the benefits of Semrush for yourself.
More great readings on Analytics
Edge Analytics Explained in 5 minutes or Less [+ 5 Tools]Bipasha Nath on December 6, 2022
Clicky: A Worthy Google Analytics Alternative?Rahul on November 22, 2022
How to do Exploratory Data Analysis (EDA) in R (With Examples)Talha Khalid on November 11, 2022
Power BI: Differences Between Report and DashboardSatish Shethi on November 11, 2022
8 Best Tools to Create, Collect and Measure your Net Promoter Score (NPS)Ramsha Nayab on November 14, 2022
8 Remarkable Ad Tracking Tools for MarketersKritika Singh on November 14, 2022