Since the pandemic, remote working has become a new normal. Many people have found remote working comfortably since they can better balance their work-life and personal life.
Many sectors, especially the IT sector, had a great demand for remote workers amidst the pandemic. It is observed that remote working has increased the efficiency of employees and they are capable of managing more work.
Since employees are still facing issues with the new waves of the pandemic, they are mostly preferring remote opportunities. Also, many multinational companies are adopting the hybrid working model. They are offering a provision to employees to work from home or office as per their convenience. Here are some reasons why there is a great demand for remote workers:
- Remote workers are more productive than employees working at offices since they are less distracted.
- Remote working enables companies to hire employees from across the globe, especially in the case of flexible remote working.
- Many companies have experienced that remote working results in employee retention.
The pandemic has changed the recruitment process – from applying for a job to the interview to onboarding. It has given rise to a new online recruitment process or remote hiring process. Various social platforms and other alternatives have made remote hiring possible.
Candidates looking for a job can update their education details, resume, and previous work experiences on various interview platforms. Recruiters respond to candidates that are best fit for their job roles.
This article will familiarize you with some of the best developer interview platforms to hire remote talents. But before we proceed to discuss developer interview platforms, let us first look at the features of a good developer interview platform and a brief overview of HackerRank.
Features of good Developer Interview Platform
With a myriad of developer interview platforms available out there, you may find it difficult to choose the good and right one. But we have made it easier for you. While choosing the right developer interview platform for hiring remote talent, you can consider certain features.
- User Interface (UI): The interview platform for remote hiring should be intuitive and user-friendly, making it easier for recruiters and candidates to navigate.
- Usability: For usability, you must consider from the perspective of candidates, i.e., whether they can download and install an application, login into it, and use it effortlessly. Candidates’ ease of use is the crucial factor to consider.
- Integrations: Make sure the interview platform you choose supports integration with third-party applications, like applicant tracking systems, talent acquisition tools, social media platforms, email or Slack, and other tools required for hiring remote developers.
- Advanced tools and techniques: Ensure your chosen platform comes with various tools and techniques such as audio, video calls, recording of live interviews, etc.
HackerRank is an enterprise-grade application that comes with the HackerRank for Work service that helps companies screen and hire developers or programmers across the globe. It comes with a built-in set of programming challenges, or companies can provide their own challenges to candidates depending upon the opening job position.
Recruiters can then use that set of programming challenges to hire remote developers by assessing their programming expertise.
We will now look at some of the alternatives to Hackerrank, where you can find and hire remote talent, along with their features.
Codility is one of the widely employed platforms for hiring remote developers. In this platform, programmers solve coding challenges to prove their programming skills and talent. Based on the accuracy of their outputs, programmers are ranked in the list of top developers. Recruiters can use this platform to predict the candidates’ coding skills throughout the hiring process.
It offers an unbiased and relevant assessment on CodeCheck, conducts live technical interviews, and virtual hiring campaigns with amazing CodeChallenges. This process ensures faster hiring and saves time and effort to find an appropriate remote talent.
- Remote screening of the candidates with online code tests.
- Host virtual interviews with recruiters directly.
- Saves time by identifying the top candidates faster.
- Reduce bias and increase objectivity to find the right talent.
- Hiring managers can get direct insights into their candidates’ skills.
- Unbiased scoring.
- Skills assessments of candidates before moving to the interview stage.
- Provide candidates with a virtual whiteboard marker to discuss problems together.
- Empower the hiring managers with Codility for Employees.
The Codility assessment engine helps to find the most promising candidate. Hiring managers can conduct remote live coding sessions with the selected candidates with a proper applicant tracking system.
CodeSignal is one of the most advanced platforms for hiring technical developers, founded in 2015. It is best suited for companies of all sizes, allowing them to certify, test, and interview several candidates to hire the talented one.
CodeSignal Certify is the first technical assessment step that helps companies go beyond resumes and seek highly qualified candidates. It offers an advanced and real-world coding environment for candidates to showcase their skills, potential, and coding performance.
- It provides integration with ATS solutions.
- It ensures interoperability by connecting to external applications to complete team workflows.
- CodeSignal is consistently available, allowing the candidates to complete their tasks reliably.
- It comes with analytics tools to track the candidate’s performance.
- It provides sharing options for external and internal communication, such as sharing code, files, etc.
- There are pre-built libraries for ease of coding.
- You can conduct pre-recorded or live interviews.
- It comes with a decentralized interface for everyone to connect in a single place.
- You can even access this platform from your mobile phone.
- It has a built-in payment processing system.
- It allows you to prioritize tasks and manage them accordingly.
CodeSignal comes with the support of more than 79 programming languages, different frameworks, and libraries. It also integrates with other popular ATS platforms to create a fantastic experience for all clients.
CoderPad is an IDE-like environment allowing recruiters to evaluate candidates quickly. It is a technical interview platform where candidates can easily share their skills with several recruiters. This platform makes every step of the interview process effortless.
It helps recruiters screen candidates through technical assessments, evaluate them by providing independent coding projects, and interview them in a live collaborative environment.
Recruiters can customize the interview assessment to meet their team’s needs to find the right candidate with the right coding skills. Recruiters can find candidates from the different developing and technical niches. You can simply streamline and save your time with its quick screening and interviewing process.
- Candidates will get a live and browser-based environment for writing, executing, and debugging codes in a single place.
- You can use its drawing mode for creating shapes for visualizing system designs.
- It conducts online tests for screening the skills of various candidates in various developing fields.
- It comes with the support of more than 30 programming languages.
- With this platform, recruiters can interview multiple candidates hassle-free.
- It can be easily integrated with ATS.
- Candidates can use pre-built example questions to prepare for interviews.
- You can customize the screening process as per your project requirement.
- It has a simple, intuitive design that is easy to navigate, saving the time of recruiters and candidates.
DevSkiller is a fantastic alternative to HackerRank and an industry-proven platform to assess tech talents remotely. The platform is powered by RealLifeTesting methodology, allowing you to access technical skills with razor-sharp precision. It’s been in the market since 2012 and has helped more than 700 customers across the globe, across more than 90 countries.
You can leverage its automated test results for better screening and comparing several candidates’ proficiency. It eliminates unnecessary interview calls and saves your time.
- It provides you with ready tests created by experts.
- It provides a comfortable environment for candidates to choose the desired IDE to work on.
- It allows recruiters to conduct remote interviews, record them, and assess them later.
- The slice and dice reporting enables recruiters to make quick and efficient decisions while hiring a candidate.
- This platform provides a search option that helps recruiters find candidates suitable for their job positions.
- It allows you to customize interviews with advanced reporting and 99.95 percent SLAs.
- Easy integration with ATS.
- It offers more than 400 recruiting tasks and comes with the support of more than 200 technical skills.
This platform comes with TalentScore that enables recruiters to screen and interview developers hassle-free. It helps you assess and manage tech skills throughout the hiring life cycle.
TestGorilla comes with various tools to screen the candidates for more effective and faster-hiring decisions. It conducts multiple tests in an assessment for providing predictive value. TestGorilla also offers a growing test library, including a test for assessing cognitive ability, programming software, personality, and much more.
This platform provides multiple questions for conducting one-way video interviews, allowing candidates to upload their portfolios, and more.
- This platform can be seamlessly integrated with ATS.
- It conducts personality tests to know the candidates more closely.
- Without a smooth screening process, we can easily rank the candidates according to their proficiency.
- Our customized test brings the best out of each candidate.
- Candidates will get accurate reports for test results so that HRs can make quick decisions.
With this platform, you can get real-world job performance leveraging 100+ scientifically validated tests libraries.
Coderbyte is a modern technical assessment platform created for stodgy employees at sterile organizations. It is one of the chart-topping interview platforms for screening, take-home projects, and live interviews.
This platform offers every recruiter a guided experience for selecting an assessment template, depending on the candidates’ role and skill level. They can even customize the challenges, add specific questions, and alter the assessment settings as per your requirement. In addition, recruiters can track the performance of the candidates through advanced reporting.
- This platform offers customizable assessments for unlimited skills, from full-stack engineer to developer.
- Coderbyte ensures no plagiarism. The assessments and the candidate’s ability to qualify among the top talents are authentic and accurate.
- It offers a fantastic code editor with a built-in capability to search Google, providing candidates a unique assessment experience.
- Coderbyte allows turning on candidate webcams to record their work during an assessment.
- It is a perfect solution for migrating workflows or creating new ones from scratch.
Coderbyte offers over 300 code challenges in more than ten different languages. In addition, you can also get language-specific challenges for advanced technologies like React, SQL, and Swift.
CodinGame is yet another popular alternative to HackerRank that lets recruiters source, screen, and retain talented developers. Using this platform, you can simply evaluate candidates’ coding skills with various programming tests that take only 60 seconds to set up. You can leverage its powerful matching service to find talented high-end developers.
It has an extensive community with over 2 million developers, allowing you to connect with passionate programmers. It is one of the first online escape game platforms for coders and non-coders.
- Recruiters can infuse their tech team with diversity and boost creativity.
- With CodinGame Assessment, you can screen and rank candidates during the hiring process and select those developers who meet your standards.
- It streams the screening process and reduces your time hiring and onboarding the best developers.
- It allows developers to take up the challenges in real-life to enhance their problem-solving skills.
The entire hiring process is not based on human judgment alone. The recruiters can get an accurate snapshot of the candidate’s technical skills, regardless of what their resume displays. You can use their easy-to-read test reports to make better hiring decisions.
CodeInterview enables you to conduct seamless technical interviews in a real-time shared coding environment. It offers an online code editor and compiler to solve coding problems in any supported programming language. It offers a powerful code editor with valuable add-ons like code completion, syntax highlighting, and Vim/Emacs key bindings.
- It comes with support for more than 25 Programming Languages.
- It offers a code editor with features like syntax highlighting, auto-complete, and Sublime/Vim/Emacs key bindings.
- Recruiters can communicate effectively with candidates using audio and video calling.
- You can use its replay option to back in time and analyze past interviews.
- It allows you to save frequently asked questions as code templates and load them during the interview.
- You can use a virtual whiteboard to demonstrate problems and solutions.
This platform bridges the gap between recruiter and candidate for solving challenging live coding programs and enables collaboration in a shared environment. Recruiters can communicate with candidates with audio or video, along with their codes.
Qualified comes with the vision of providing a developer-friendly way to screen and hire skilled remote developers. It is the best platform to hire developers from across the world with technical expertise. The companies use coding assessments and pair programming interviews to screen and hire technical developers within no time.
- You can integrate this platform with leading applicant tracking systems.
- It offers a better automated recruiting process from completing an assessment, assessing their score, to reviewing candidates’ other achievements.
- Developers can use the desired IDE to showcase their technical skills.
- Qualified uses unit testing to validate the submitted code.
- It provides a playback tool to review the candidate’s coding skills even after an assessment.
- You can get a detailed developer profile specifying their specific competencies, soft skills, and working style.
- You can leverage its standardized assessments to better understand developers’ strengths and weaknesses.
Unlike other platforms, they use unit tests and various language-specific testing platforms to analyze actual performance. You can convert any assessment into a pair-programming session and record it to get a deeper level of insight into each candidate’s skills.
HackerEarth is another robust alternative to HackerRank that helps recruiters understand developers’ technical expertise. It enables recruiters to create tests and evaluate the skills of the candidates. Using the test results, the recruiters can find the right fit for their team. It saves a lot of time to access several resumes by automating the process and filtering the candidates quickly.
- You can seamlessly scale the hiring process across the globe by providing multiple recruiters at different locations and conducting interviews simultaneously.
- Recruiters can create customized tests in a jiffy.
- Test candidates and generate detailed reports on the same.
- Filter the best candidates with its auto-ranking mechanism and performance-based filters.
The pandemic has entirely transformed the recruitment process and made it easier than ever before. This online interview process has eliminated the need for candidates to visit the physical location since they can appear for an interview from their homes. But having an appropriate platform for hiring remote developers is essential.
Through this article, we have made you aware of some top developer interview platforms, along with their features. If you are looking for such a platform, the above-compiled list is a perfect guide to help you choose the one that best fits your requirements. If you are looking for a job, these are the platforms you may consider creating a profile on.
You may also be interested in Recruitment Software to make hiring easy.