Below instructions are to take thread dump for Weblogic Application server, this is helpful to troubleshoot WebLogic at a different scenario.
- Get PID of WebLogic Java process by (ps -ef | grep java or ps -ef | grep WebLogic)
- Execute a command on UNIX session :
kill -3 pid
Weblogic Admin utility
- Make sure you export weblogic.jar in your path
- Execute a command on UNIX session:
java weblogic.Admin -url t3://weblogicadminconsoleurl:7001 -username username -password password THREAD_DUMP
Weblogic Admin Console
- Login into WebLogic admin console
- Navigate to Server > Monitoring > Threads > Dump Thread Stacks
- Make sure to export weblogic.jar in your PATH
- Invoke WebLogic.WLST :
java weblogic.WLST connect("weblogic","weblogic","t3:weblogicinstaceaddress:port") threadDump()
I hope above procedure helps you in taking thread dump in Weblogic for troubleshooting.
If you are looking for in-depth knowledge on WebLogic, you may consider taking “Oracle WebLogic 12c for Administrators” online course.