Scrape what matters to your business on the Internet with these powerful tools.
What Is Web Scraping?
Terms web scraping is used for different methods to collect information and essential data from across the Internet. It is also termed as web data extraction, screen scraping, or web harvesting.
There are many ways to do it.
- Manually – you access the website and check what you need.
- Automatic – use the necessary tools to configure what you need and let the tools work for you.
If you choose the automatic way, then you can either install the necessary software by yourself or leverage the cloud-based solution.
if you are interested in setting the system by yourself then check out these top web scraping framework.
Why cloud-based web scraping?
You need to know about the software, spend hours on setting up to get the desired data, host yourself, worry about getting block (ok if you use IP rotation proxy), etc. Instead, you can use a cloud-based solution to offload all the headaches to the provider, and you can focus on extracting data for your business.
How it helps Business?
- You can obtain product feeds, images, price, and other all related details regarding the product from various sites and make your data-warehouse or price comparison site.
- You can look at the operation of any particular commodity, user behavior, and feedback as per your requirement.
- In this era of digitalization, businesses are strong about the spent on online reputation management. Thus the web scrapping is requisite here as well.
- It has turned into a common practice for individuals to read online opinions and articles for various purposes. Thus it’s crucial to add out the impression spamming.
- By scraping organic search results, you can instantly find out your SEO competitors for a specific search term. You can figure out the title tags and the keywords that others are planning.
Scrape anything you like on the Internet with Scrapestack.
With more than 35 million IPs, you will never have to worry about request getting blocked when extracting the webpages. When you make a REST-API call, requests get sent through more than 100 global location (depending on the plan) through reliable and scalable infrastructure.
You can get it started in FREE for ~10,000 requests with limited support. Once you are satisfied, you can go for a paid plan. Scrapestack is an enterprise-ready, and some of the features are as below.
- HTTPS encryption
- Premium proxies
- Concurrent requests
- No CAPTCHA
With the help of their good API documentation, you can get it started in five minutes with the code examples for PHP, Python, Nodejs, jQuery, Go, Ruby, etc.
Apify got a lot of modules called actor to do data processing, turn webpage to API, data transformation, crawl sites, run headless chrome, etc. It is the largest source of information ever created by the humankind.
Some of the readymade actors can help you to get it started quickly to do the following.
- Convert HTML page to PDF
- Crawl and extract data from web page
- Scraping Google search, Google places, Amazon, Booking, Twitter hashtag, Airbnb, Hacker News, etc
- Webpage content checker (defacement monitoring)
- Analyze page SEO
- Check broken links
and a lot more to build the product and services for your business.
Web Scraper, a must-use tool, is an online platform where you can deploy scrapers built and analyzed using the free point-and-click chrome extension. Using the extension, you make “sitemaps” that determine how the data should be passed through and extracted. You can write the data quickly in CouchDB or download it as a CSV file.
- You can get started immediately as the tool is as simple as it gets and involves excellent tutorial videos.
- Its extension is opensource, so you will not be sealed in with the vendor if the office shuts down
- Supports external proxies or IP rotation
Scrapy is a hosted, cloud-based business by Scrapinghub, where you can deploy scrapers built using the scrapy framework. Scrapy removes the demand to set up and control servers and gives a friendly UI to handle spiders and review scraped items, charts, and stats.
- Highly customizable
- An excellent user interface which lets you determine all sorts of logs a planner would need
- Crawl unlimited pages
- A lot of useful add-ons that can develop the crawl
Mozenda is especially for businesses who are searching for a cloud-based self serve webpage scraping platform need to seek no further. You will be surprised to know that with over 7 billion pages scraped, Mozenda has the sense in serving business customers from all around the province.
- Templating to build the workflow faster
- Create job sequences to automate the flow
- Scrape region-specific data
- Block unwanted domain requests
You will love Octoparse services. This service provides a cloud-based platform for users to drive their extraction tasks built with the Octoparse Desktop App.
- Point and click tool is transparent to set up and use
- It can run up to 10 scrapers in the local computer if you don’t require much scalability
- Includes automatic IP rotation in every plan
Dexi has ETL, Digital Data Capture, AI, Apps, and endless integrations! You can build Digital Data Capture Robots with visual programming and extract/interact from/with data from any website. Our solution supports a full browser environment allowing you to capture, transform, automate and connect data from any website or cloud-based service.
At the heart of Dexi’s Digital Commerce, Intelligence Suite is an advanced ETL engine that manages and orchestrates your solution. The set-up allows you to define and build the processes and rules within the platform that, based on your data requirements, will instruct ‘super’ robots on how they link together and control other extractor robots to capture data from targeted external data sources. Rules for the transformation of the extracted data (such as removing duplicates), can also be defined in the core platform set-up in order to build the desired, unified output files. Defining where the data is pushed to and from and who has access rights is also taken care of within the platform whether its Azure, Hanah, Google Drive, Amazon S3, Twitter, Google Sheets, visual tools and just about any existing environment.
Diffbot lets you configure crawlers that can work in and index websites and then deal with them using its automatic APIs for certain data extraction from different web content. You can further create a custom extractor if specific data extraction API doesn’t work for the sites you need.
Diffbot knowledge graph lets you query the web for rich data.
It is quite remarkable to know that there is almost no data that you can’t get through extracting web data using these web scrapers. Go and build your product with the extracted data.