Onboarding a new organization is indeed an overwhelming process for professionals, and an unorganized onboarding process often leaves an unpleasant impression on them.
To make an everlasting first impression on new employees and accelerate the onboarding process, companies rely on powerful employee onboarding software tools.
Onboarding software is a solution that helps companies streamline the document management and onboarding process and eliminate redundant tasks to ensure that the employees stay motivated throughout.
Benefits of using an employee onboarding software
A chaotic onboarding process not only stresses out the new hires but is also indicative of poor work culture, communication quality, and office management. Embracing onboarding software for your organization simplifies the onboarding for stakeholders and hires and offers a broad range of benefits.
- Builds a strong first impression and strengthens company culture.
- Offers personalized experience, easing the anxiety of the hires.
- Cuts down the cost of employee turnover
- Guarantees workplace compliance
- Streamlines the onboarding process
- Improves productivity of the new hires
- Helps automate tasks to streamline HR workflow
Features to look for in Employee Onboarding Software
Below, we have put together the mandatory feature set to look for in an employee onboarding system before choosing one for your organization.
User-Friendly Interface: The onboarding software should feature a user-friendly layout, and this not only comprises the look and feel. The interface must be quick to master and should have an intuitive design so that new hires can be onboard smoothly.
Integrations: The onboarding system must be able to integrate flawlessly with the existing software your organization uses to ensure all the tools required for successful onboarding are available.
Workflow automation: A coherent onboarding software should automate the workflow eliminating redundant steps. HRs can supervise the onboarding process across all departments and ensure everything is carried out systematically.
Employee self-service: Newly hired employees should be able to provide personal and professional details, manage all the documents, and self-serve themselves without seeking external help.
Cloud-Based Technology: The onboarding software should operate in a remote working environment, and both the hires and stakeholders should be able to access it on the go.
Having said that, let’s go ahead and explore the list of the most popular employee onboarding software available in the market to find the perfect fit for your company.
Freshteams by Freshworks is an efficient tool that enables companies to offer a personalized hiring experience for new hires. It significantly cuts down the time spent in onboarding by automating most of the tasks, like automating email communication, document sharing, information collection, and more.
- Onboarding checklist to assign tasks.
- Welcome Kit to send all the docs and handbooks at a button click.
- Customizable email templates to automate the emailing process.
- Signeasy and DocuSign integration to sign the forms and documents securely.
- Track the tasks that need to be completed as a part of the new joining process.
Choose Scribe for the smooth onboarding of new employees and boosting their productivity. The automated knowledge management features instantly convert any task into step by step guide ensuring faster completion.
Scribe’s central library allows new hires to access the knowledge base, having answers to common questions and eliminating the need to answer each question individually.
- Supports instant documentation and sharing.
- The cloud-based solution is completely platform-independent.
- Supports text and tip customization along with screenshot annotation.
- Integrates with most knowledge bases, wikis, and tools.
Coassemble delivers quality onboarding training experiences to new employees, which speeds up the training process and improves business impact.
The system helps organizations create stunning onboarding courses which maximize engagement without the requirement of coding or designing. The powerful analytics feature lets you gain valuable insights and business impact.
Coassemble is equipped with a rich feature set capable of cutting down onboarding time by almost 41%:
- Templates to welcome new hires.
- Onboarding checklist for new onboarding staff.
- Train the managers responsible for hiring new team members.
- Course template to onboard new interns.
- 30+ lesson screens to present onboarding courses interactively.
Innform is armed with simple and customizable onboarding features that save time by automating the onboarding process for new team members. Onboarding can be tailored to align with the needs of individual hires by assigning a set of training items on autopilot.
The automation capabilities of Innform empower you to control the assignment of onboarding bundles to individual learners and specific groups. It is also possible to create your onboarding bundles by including multiple training items like courses, quizzes, calls, and manuals.
- Centralized dashboard to monitor, reassign and review the employees’ onboarding progress.
- Customizable learner’s onboarding experience
- Learning path that automatically delivers courses and quizzes.
- Multi-language support to automatically translate onboarding courses to other languages.
- Zoom integration to record video calls for new training purposes.
- Reminders for admins and hires to complete tasks, courses, and quizzes.
Factohr automates the onboarding process to deliver a striking onboarding experience and flaunt a quality work culture. The solution enhances the operational efficiency of HR managers by pre-defining the documents that need to be emailed. It also enables you to send invitation links to recruits to self-upload necessary documents.
- Create customizable letters and documents for the new workforce.
- Create and assign assets to recruits and generate employee-wise reports.
- Create and download reports about document expiry, asset stock reports, and document details.
- Remind candidates about important events such that they stay informed about the latest happenings.
- Create employee accounts from candidate details, minimizing onboarding time.
Use Bamboohr for employee onboarding to avoid spending less time on formalities and focus more on meaningful experiences. The preboarding packages automate electronic signatures and other document collection processes.
Ensuring an organized and efficient onboarding process for new hiring, BambooHR improves employee retention.
- Customize onboarding templates according to job types, departments, locations, and more.
- Make new hires stay productive and engaged from day one by assigning onboarding tasks.
- Manage employee database and save a lot of time by reducing paperwork.
- Allows an organization to set up welcome emails and IT checklists for recruits.
Empowering companies like Forbes and Pepsico, Trakstar is a modern solution to deliver exceptional performance and onboarding management. This innovative software abolishes manual onboarding and documentation process, enabling you to make smart decisions to attract, retain and engage teammates.
Trakstar seamlessly integrates with popular HRIS and productivity tools, streamlining the workflow and eliminating unnecessary tasks.
- Performance Management to manage reviews, surveys, and goal tracking.
- Automate enrollment, content delivery, and skill development
- Simplify the hiring process and carry out collaborative hiring and sourcing using the applicant tracking module.
- Centralized dashboard to get valuable insights into Workplace Analytics and monitor trends and opportunities.
Undoubtedly, onboarding software is an excellent way to provide a striking onboarding experience to your recruits without bombarding them with lots of tasks and paperwork on their initial days at work.
The onboarding tools listed above will help the HRs manage and track the onboarding process and lay a strong foundation for strengthening the company culture. The viable onboarding software for you will be the one that caters to the needs of your organization. You can compare the features and pricing of these solutions and opt for the one offering the most value.
You may also explore some best HRIS software to streamline HR tasks.