There might be a situation where you need to disable the security to get into WAS DMGR console. This usually happens when: –
- You forget the credential
- Someone changed the password
- Messed up the SSL/Security configuration or security.xml
Are you in a situation where you need to get into WAS Deployment Manager without the credential?
There are two ways to disable the security. So choose the one you like.
First procedure – using wsadmin
- Go to DMGR Profile path and bin folder
wsadmin.shto get wsadmin prompt
[root@localhost bin]# ./wsadmin.sh WASX7209I: Connected to process "dmgr" on node localhostCellManager01 using SOAP connector; The type of process is: DeploymentManager WASX7029I: For help, enter: "$Help help" wsadmin>
securityoffcommand as shown below
wsadmin>securityoff LOCAL OS security is off now but you need to restart server1 to make it affected. wsadmin>
- Execute exit command to get out from wsadmin utility
- Restart the DMGR to get this effective
Try to access WAS DMGR Console now, and it shouldn’t prompt for any credential.
Second procedure – modifying security.xml
Take a backup of security.xml, it’s located under DMGR profile/config/cells/CellName. If you are not sure, you can use find command to search security.xml
- Modify security.xml using the vi editor
- Search for enabled=true (as shown below)
- Change true to false (as shown below)
- Save the file and restart the DMGR
That’s it. Now you can access WAS DMGR without a password.
Tip: to put the security back, you need to do following….
- Restart the DMGR
I hope one of the above procedures help you in disabling security to get into WAS Admin console.
Looking to build skills in Cloud Computing? Check out this beginner guide.