A dog is said to be a human’s best friend. A person’s bond with their dog is indescribable and the best.
Having a pet around the house is the most unique and happy feeling in the world. But sometimes you have to leave your dog alone at home and go out for some work.
Though the bond you share with your pet is indescribable and the best, understanding what your dog is going through can be challenging. A dog may not be able to convey its feelings through words. Hence, you may face difficulty understanding if they are unwell or fine. In such a situation, you may need health trackers to monitor what your dog is going through and adequately monitor their health.
Seeing your dog ill and hurt is the worst feeling, and you will never wish to ignore the health part of your dog. Therefore, this article comes to your rescue and gives you details about the health trackers for dogs available on the market.
You may use one of these to keep track of their well-being and get notified if they fall ill or feel unwell. This may help you secure timely treatment and get a proper diagnosis in an emergency.
The bond between a human and a dog
The bond between a human and a dog is the purest of all. You may have seen instances in your surroundings where you find someone walking through the streets with a dog. People adopt puppies and dogs and make them a part of their families.
Dogs are the most loyal friends. They not only keep you happy, entertained, and engaged all through the day but also keep the aura around you happy and cheerful.
In return for all this, a dog demands love, care, and affection from you. Stories and videos where dogs displayed love and compassion for their owners have always been trending. There have been instances when dogs went out of their way to prove their dedication, devotion, and love for their owners.
With such a pure bonding, the feeling when either of the two falls ill is intolerable and sad for the other one. Therefore, it would be best if you had some device that assisted you in keeping track of the health and well-being of your dog.
Let’s explore the available options and see if there is something you can do about the health tracking of your lovely pet.
What is a Dog Health Tracker?
A dog health tracker is a device that allows you to establish a kind of communication between yourself and your dog. This device lets you check your dog’s well-being and health and notice the slightest change. Using this device, you can be sure about your dog’s health. You can immediately take it to a veterinarian for diagnosis and proper treatment if you see a slight change. Therefore, having a dog health tracker is essential.
Purpose of a Dog Health Tracker
Control the feeding schedule
The health of your dog largely depends on the diet they intake and their feeding schedule. A health tracker will check their feeding schedule and notify them whenever they overeat or undereat. Not just this, they also inform you when it is the time for your pet to have their food.
Get information about the overall health of your pet
You may be worried about the overall health of your pet. That’s what health trackers are here for. They study the health pattern and relative changes in your pet’s health and keep track of everyday habits and fitness.
Provide accurate information to the veterinarian in case of behavior changes
In case you and the app notice some behavior changes, your veterinarian will have a complete idea of the reason behind the change. This will help in proper diagnosis and treatment.
Control the activities
If your dog wanders far away, you may be able to track its location and get hold of your pet using the app within seconds.
Keep track of the vaccination schedule
Getting your dog a proper vaccination is essential if you wish always to see it happy and healthy. The device will keep track of vaccination schedules and send notifications before the due date.
Salient features of a Dog Health Tracker
- In-app activity tracking – The device should have an option for tracking the activities and location of your dog.
- Monitor pet’s weight – Keeping a check on your pet’s weight is essential as it is an important indicator of their health.
- Digital profile of your pet – You should have quick access to the digital profile of your pet so that you may share the details with the veterinarian whenever the need arises.
- Feature to record – The app should have features to record and track everyday activities and fitness patterns.
- Multiple pets – If you have more than a single pet, the device should work flexibly between the two.
- Set reminders – You should receive reminders about scheduled appointments, food time, and the time when your dog wanders far away.
- Nearby service tracker – In case of emergency, the device should be able to locate services offered in the neighborhood for quick relief and assistance.
- Medical records – The device should maintain all the medical records so you may present them to the veterinarian whenever the need arises.
- Pet-friendly places – The device should be able to locate pet-friendly spaces so that your dog can have a good time strolling, playing, and having fun.
- Pet training programs – The app should offer pet training programs so that you can train and add skills to your little buddy.
- Pet wellness score – The app should display a pet wellness score on a scale of 1-10, so you may know when the animal is not feeling well.
- Access to online veterinary – In case of unfavorable conditions and situations, the app should help you get access to an online veterinarian for your buddy’s health.
- Track money spent on pet care – Having a pet is not only about fun. It comes with the added responsibility of all the expenses. As a result, the app should help you monitor the money you spend on your little buddy.
Now, let us look through some of the best dog health trackers that are available in the market for you to purchase.
Whistle Health helps you track your dog’s activities, health, and location simultaneously. You can easily track every single activity using the app offered along with the device. You can also get an idea about the eating and feeding habits as well as the desired portion of your dog as per its breed.
- You may need a valid subscription for access to all the features of the Whistle health tracker. You will be able to track the location and monitor the health and fitness of your pet easily with the device.
- You can go for a yearly subscription starting at $8.25/month.
- You may receive a notification if your pet exits a specific safe zone marked by you.
- The Whistle health tracker tracks nutrition and activity and monitors your dog’s calorie level. The app also emails a 30-day history report to your vet for further analysis.
- The battery of the device lasts for 29 days on a single charge.
- When you take a subscription from the app, you get entitled to getting advice from veterinary doctors available through chatting, calling, or email.
|Whistle GO Explore GPS + Health + Fitness Dog Tracker Plus Health & Fitness Monitor, Waterproof,...||$76.99||Buy on Amazon|
You can now order and explore all the features, take full advantage, and be assured about your furry buddy’s health.
The FitBark Tracker gives you updates about the health as well as the location of your dog. It alerts you if your dog goes off the map or away from your place. The app monitors anxiety level, skin conditions, as well as the overall health of your dog. You can also link your Fitbit to the device and manage your health with your dog’s health simultaneously.
- Ensure the safety of your pets. The FitBark tracker gives you escape alerts and helps you to track your pet quickly.
- You may need a monthly subscription to explore and experience all the features available with the FitBark tracker.
- You may be able to monitor all the aspects of your pet’s health, be it their sleep, skin condition, anxiety, etc.
- The FitBark is light in weight and hence doesn’t lead to any burden on your dog’s neck or collar.
|FitBark GPS Dog Tracker | Health & Location Pet Tracking Smart Collar Device | Small (17 g) &...||$49.95||Buy on Amazon|
You may take a subscription for the plan you like and then easily enjoy all the app and device features. Your furry buddy will remain happy and healthy, which will, in turn, provide comfort to your heart.
PitPat Activity Tracker
The PitPat Activity Tracker is one of the best health trackers for dogs available on the market. You can order it online and enjoy all the features that it offers. The device is small, and hence it can fit any collar. The usage is accessible and user-friendly.
- Waterproof – Your dog can wear the PitPat device just anywhere, even swimming and the device won’t be damaged.
- Durable – The material used in making PitPat is rigid. Hence, it won’t be harmed even if your dog engages in rough activities.
- Comfortable – The soft strap that comes along with the PitPat ensures that it doesn’t become a cause of trouble, irritation, or itching for your dog. The PitPat device can easily accommodate and fit any collar for your dog. Hence, it is convenient and easy to use.
- Long battery life – The device has long battery life. So, you don’t have to worry about charging it now and then. You can easily swap the battery once it exhausts.
- No extra subscription charges – Every service that PitPat offers is free of cost. Here, you don’t have to pay additional money for packages and subscriptions.
|PitPat Dog Activity and Fitness Monitor (no GPS) - Lightweight and Waterproof with no Recharging or...||$39.00||Buy on Amazon|
You can download the app on your device and explore all its features. Hence, a one-time tracker purchase gives you access to all the features.
PuppyDoc Activity tracker
This activity tracker is available in three colors: White, Pink, and Blue. Its weight is 1.76 ounces. The PuppyDoc Activity Tracker is a device and application that allows you to check your dog’s health and well-being. Your busy schedule and lifestyle may be why you would be unable to give 100% attention to your pet. For this, you may use the PuppyDoc activity tracker and keep a check on their health and personal well-being.
- Track your dog’s health activity.
- Listen to what your dog has got to say.
- Understand and record the behavior pattern of your dog.
- Share the existing condition of your dog with everyone in the family.
- Track your dog’s location if it ever runs out of sight.
- Easy to monitor and check a dog’s behavior using the activities tracker.
|PuppyDoc Dog Activity Sun Exposure Tracker Animal Health Care Device White 1ea||Buy on Amazon|
The PuppyDoc Activity Tracker offers all the features mentioned above, along with the ability to track and keep a check on your dog’s health. It is perfect, easy to use, and easy to learn.
The dog health tracker is a great device that ensures your furry buddy stays happy and healthy throughout the day. If it notices a slight change, it may send notifications so that you remain alert and take care of your dog accordingly. You may plan regular vet visits and take the monthly reports of these devices along with you. Go through the detailed analysis of each device and select the one you like the most. Your fur buddy will appreciate the effort and give you loads of love and cuddles.
You may also look at these apps for dog parents.
More great readings on Smart Things
How to Make Concrete in MinecraftDhruv Parmar on August 17, 2022
Run Classic Games on Your PC with these 6 EmulatorsDhruv Parmar on August 17, 2022
7 Best Webcam Apps To Enhance Your Webcam ExperienceSaptak Chaudhuri on August 17, 2022
What does Share Focus Status on iPhone Mean?Adnan Rehan on August 16, 2022
Best GOG Games for FreeSamyak Goswami on August 12, 2022
17 Multiversus Roster Members You Can Play With Right NowDhruv Parmar on August 12, 2022
The more you learn, the better you become.
Every week we share trending articles and tools in our newsletter. More than 10,000 people enjoy reading, and you will love it too.