Use Process Explorer to check service/process start time in Windows
Did you ever wonder how to check since how long particular process is running in Windows? Lately, I was working on Windows server and had to check since how long particular process is running. After some research, I found you could easily find out process start time in Windows by using Process Explorer tool.
After some research, I found you could easily find out process start time in Windows by using Process Explorer tool.
This article will guide you on how to check process start time in Windows operating system.
- Download Process Explorer from Microsoft TechNet Download page – http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx
- Extract the downloaded zip file
Now, you are ready to use Process Explorer
- Open process explorer by double click on procexp, it will look like below
- Click on View >> Select Columns
- Click on Process Performance tab and select Start Time
- Click on Ok
- You will notice additional column is added called Start Time in Process Explorer. Now, you can easily find out start time for any process.
It’s easy once you find the procedure. Isn’t it?