IBM Installation Manager (IBM IM) is required to install IBM WAS 8.x ND.
In this article, I have listed the steps to install IBM IM 1.8 on Linux OS. There are three parts overall – Download, Install & Verify.
Download IBM IM 1.8
- Click on below link to download the IBM IM
Once downloaded, you should have agent.installer.linux.gtk.x86_64_1.8.2000.20150303_1526.zip
Install IBM IM 1.8
- Go to folder where you have downloaded the package
[root@localhost IBM]# ls -ltr total 162160 -rw-r--r--. 1 root root 166050912 Mar 28 05:06 agent.installer.linux.gtk.x86_64_1.8.2000.20150303_1526.zip [root@localhost IBM]#
- unzip the downloaded zip file using unzip command
[root@localhost IBM]# unzip agent.installer.linux.gtk.x86_64_1.8.2000.20150303_1526.zip [root@localhost IBM]#
- Execute install command
[root@localhost IBM]# ./install
- Click on next on the following screen
- Accept the license agreement and click Next
- By default, it will install under /opt/IBM however if you wish you can change the installation path by clicking on Browse
- Click on Install on review summary window
It will take few minutes and at the end you will have installation confirmation window as below
Verify IBM IM 1.8 Installation
Click on Restart Installation Manager and you will have IBM Installation Manager 1.8 opened.
That’s all for today. Hope it helps you in installing IBM IM 1.8 on Linux.