Such tables have various features that allow users to sort & filter data and style & format tables.
- When you have large datasets: You can easily display large amounts of data using a table library with features such as pagination.
- When you want to save time: Some libraries have pre-built functions, which speed up your development process.
- When you want to create interactive tables: The need for interactive components cannot be emphasized enough.
Dynatable is an interactive table plugin created using jQuery, HTML5, and JSON. This plugin scans and normalizes an HTML table into an array of JSON objects, where every JSON object will correspond to a table row.
- Efficient reading/operating/writing: Reading and writing/drawing (DOM operations) are grouped together; thus, interactions are efficient and quick.
- Easy to customize, skip, or swap steps: The design separates rendering, operation, and normalization modules, meaning it is easy to customize, swap or skip any module.
You can also use the Dynatable API if you want greater customization.
Tablesorter is a JQuery plugin that makes it easy to change a standard HTML table with THEAD and TBODY tags into a sortable table.
Tablesorter does not create tables from scratch but only provides sorting, pagination, and filtering capabilities.
- Multicolumn sorting: You can sort different columns at a go when using this plugin.
- Supports different datasets: You can use this plugin to sort numbers, text, integers, floats, and so much more
- Cross-browser support: The plugin runs on almost all major browsers.
This plugin can sort tables created using HTML and CSS or even their libraries.
Blueprint is an open-source toolkit made of reusable React components. Developers can use this toolkit to build complex data-dense UIs for desktop applications.
- Various UI components: On top of tables, there also exists components for creating buttons, dialog boxes, inputs, forms, and so much more.
- Supports theming: You can customize the look of your tables using predefined themes or create one from scratch.
- Eases accessibility: The toolkit supports screen readers and keyboard navigation for increased accessibility.
- Responsive grid system: Blueprint has responsive designs that make creating responsive tables and other UI components easy.
Blueprint is not suitable for mobile-first applications.
DataTables is a plugin that can be used with the JQuery library.
- Pagination: The pagination feature on Datatables makes it easy to scroll through different pages on a website.
- Search bar: Tables can contain a lot of data. The search function on this plugin makes it easy to search items.
- Language translation support: This plugin allows you to translate your tables into different languages.
- Variety of extensions: You can use various plugins such as FixedColumns, FixedHeader, Buttons, and AutoFill to improve the functionality of DataTables.
You can use this plugin with existing tables or create some from scratch.
You can set up this plugin using various CDNs or even through NPM.
- Lightweight: The API does not feature external dependencies, which might make it bulky.
- Various plugins: You can extend its functionality using various plugins to offer pagination and export data.
The plugin is supported by a strong community always improving its functionality.
TanStack Table is a UI toolkit for building powerful data grids and tables.
- Headless design: This library gives you control over components, HTML tags, and styles in your tables.
- Powerful features: You can paginate, materialize, aggregate, sort, and group data using TanStack Table.
- Extensible: The library comes with some defaults. However, you can customize different features to suit your needs.
TanStack Table has some table markup, basic styles, and a few columns to get you started quickly.
Mui React Table
React Table is a React component library that allows developers to create responsive tables for web applications.
- Built-in sorting and filtering: You can sort and filter data with a few clicks using the Mui React Table library
- Customizable: You can customize cell styling, table layout, and pagination to suit your needs.
- Internationalization: The built-in translation feature makes translating your tables into more than 20 languages easy.
You can use Mui React Table with frameworks like Angular and Vue.js, but you need extra configuration.
Hands-on-table is a data-grid component that brings the look and feels of spreadsheets to web applications.
- Supports multiple frameworks: You can use Hands-on-table with React, Angular, and Vue.js.
- Flexible: You can create data modeling applications, data management systems, ERP systems, and more.
To get the best and implement Hands-on-table features, the developer needs a certain level of front-end development skills.
- Responsive design: Tables created using Bootstrap Table adjusts to different screen sizes.
- Supports different types of data: You can import data in JSON, HTML tables, and so much more
- Supports various plugins: You can extend the library’s functionality through various plugins.
You can use Bootstrap Table with various CSS frameworks such as Foundation, Semantic UI, Bulma, and Material Design.
- Sort and filter: You can create data-rich tables which support filter and sort functions. You can also use the search bar to trace various inputs.
- Customizable: You can change the layout of the tables to suit your needs and taste.
- Accepts different data inputs: You can import data from various sources such as HTML tables and JSON.
- Lightweight: The plugin is free from dependencies and baggage, making it lightweight and a fast loader.
- Pagination: You can paginate your web application using this plugin.
- Implements ES6: If you are using ES6 on your code, JSTable is a perfect option as it uses the ES6 classes.
Since JSTable is dependent-free, you can use it with almost every JS library or framework.
- Multiple sort support: You can sort data by columns, rows, and other features.
- Different data types support: You can use this component with numbers, text, and more.
- Pagination support: If dealing with large data sets, you can create different pages for easy access.
Tablesort is designed for sorting, but you can use it with different table formats.
- Customizable: You can customize the appearance of your tables and data to suit your taste.
- Accepts data from various sources: You can import and export data in various formats, such as JSON, CSV, and HTML tables.
- Sorting and filtering
Test UI Grid
- Diverse inputs: You can use different data types in this library.
- Tree data representation: Using the hierarchical data representation model, you can present data in a tree format.
There are three different themes that you can customize to suit your tables.
Vue Good Table is a data table component that allows web developers to display and sort data in tabular formats in Vue.js. It can integrate easily with Vue.js’ plugins and libraries.
- Pagination: A lot of data on the same page can overwhelm users. Vue Good Table allows you to break your table datasets into different pages.
- Export: You can export your tables into various formats such as CSV, spreadsheets, and PDF.
- Responsive tables: The tables created using this toolkit can adapt to different screen sizes.
You can use Vue Good Table with other frameworks and libraries, such as Angular and React, but you need advanced configuration.