I am sure you would have heard the term – Cloud Computing.
It’s not new but trending faster than ever. Organization from startup to an enterprise is moving to cloud like AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, etc.
If you are supporting, administering, managing traditional infrastructure and looking to explore cloud computing for your next job, then the following online courses will help you.
Why choose cloud computing?
It was in number one demand in top 10 skills reports shared by LinkedIn earlier this year.
There are multiple areas you can focus like security, operation, development, DevOps, solution architecture, advanced networking, big data, etc.
Let’s explore some of the best online courses.
1. Cloud Computing Basics
Malaya Biswal cover essential topics to explain how does it work, definition, a concept in layman term.
If you are starting from scratch, then this would give you solid understanding. It contains 1.5 hours of video and two articles on the following.
- Cloud computing and its major components
- Service model – IaaS, PaaS, SaaS
- Deployment model
- Key characteristics
- Cloud advantages & challenges
2. AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
One of the best-selling courses by Ryan Kroonenburg focus on AWS associate certification.
If you are looking for AWS certification, then this cover almost everything you must know as an AWS solution architect and pass the exam.
Ryan got 22 hours of video and more than 15 supplemental resources covering the following.
- AWS overview
- IAM (Identity Access Management)
- S3, Glacier, CloudFront
- DynamDB, RedShift, Elasticcache, Aurora
- SQS, SNS, SWF, Elastic transcoder, Kinesis
- Auto-scaling, cloud formation
I’ve personally taken Ryan’s course and happy with the content.
3. Essential Cloud Infrastructure: Foundation
A new course by Google Cloud to get you familiar with infrastructure and platform services offered by Google Cloud.
If you are an AWS professional or want to get hands on Google Cloud, then this would be useful.
It’s one week accelerated courses cover the following in video, article and quiz format.
- Virtual networking
- Virtual machines
4. Docker Technologies
Are you a developer and looking to take your career to the next level? Learn how to develop and deploy web applications with Docker.
This course is loved by more than 22,000 professionals with more than 4.5 rating. It’s 3 hours on-demand video with articles and resources.
- Getting started with Docker
- Working with Docker images
- Creating containerized web application
- Docker networking
- Creating a continuous integration pipeline
- Deploying in production
You may also take a look at Containers for Everyone eBook by Linux Academy.
5. AWS Certified SysOps Administrator
As the name suggests, targetted for who want to become AWS Certified SysOps administrator.
A course by A Cloud Guru some of the essential topics to gain AWS platform knowledge and while preparing for the exam.
- Monitoring EBS, RDS, ELB, EC2, Elasticcache
- High-availability, Deployment & provisioning
- Opsworks, Data management
- Security, networking with Route53, VPC
6. ISC2 Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
A FREE 5.5-hour course by Cybrary is for security professional who is managing security for traditional infrastructure environment and looking to learn about cloud security.
The course is divided into six modules and once done you get completion certification.
Read more about CCSP certification here.
7. Serverless Concepts
Take your cloud skills to the next level by learning Serverless. It’s hot technology, as the name indicates you don’t have to bother about server capacity instead focus on the application code.
It’s FREE course provided by Linux Academy covering the following.
- What is serverless and game changer?
- Traditional vs. serverless architecture
- Serverless solutions by Google, AWS, Azure, Bluemix
- Benefits and production examples
You may also check out another free serverless course which focuses on AWS.
8. CDN, Big Data & Cloud Computing
Three weeks course offered by Yonsei University provide comprehensive learning in Big Data, Cloud Computing & CDN. End of every module, you will be graded based on quiz and get completion certification.
- In cloud computing, you will learn service models & services.
- In big data, you will discover examples, HADOOP, MapReduce, RDBMS, HDFS
- In CDN, it covers hierarchical content delivery, market, research & development
9. Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions Certification
Become a Microsoft Azure Superhero. Focused on Microsoft Azure cloud platform to teach you everything needs to become a certified(Exam 70-534).
Azure course offers 11 hours of on-demand video, 32+ articles and practice test. It covers the following topics.
- Virtual networks, VPN
- Azure services
- Managed & hybrid identities
- Identity providers
- Data security
10. Google Data Engineer and Cloud Architect Guide
If you are looking to learn about data engineering and cloud architect on GCP, then this course would be a good choice.
I hope the above online courses help you to learn something new in Cloud Computing to take your career one level up.