Making a career in the Cryptocurrency field can be a game-changer.
According to Monster Insights, a crypto marketing manager’s average salary is $127k. And guess what, if a person in the US works 52 weeks a year, they can earn $51,168 on average.
So now that you know how much you can earn in the crypto field, let’s look at some of the best online cryptocurrency courses from beginner to advanced level.
What’s Cryptocurrency: Everything You Need to Know
Cryptocurrency is a way of payment that can circulate without a central monetary authority such as a bank or a government.
Instead of following a traditional regulatory framework, cryptocurrencies are created using various cryptographic techniques. These techniques enable investors to buy, sell, or trade crypto securely.
Cryptocurrencies are an integral part of the decentralized financial networks operation, where digital tokens are essential for carrying out transactions.
In essence, cryptocurrency is entirely decentralized, and as a financially based blockchain, no bank or authority governs it. Instead, it’s maintained by a peer-to-peer community computer network of nodes or machines.
If you want to make a career in the crypto field, you must stay updated and learn more about the technical aspects.
Now that we understand what cryptocurrencies are let’s look at some of the top trending crypto courses for beginners and professionals.
Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Technologies
Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Technologies is a comprehensive course on Coursera offered by Princeton University. The course is excellent for beginners as it starts by teaching the crypto ecosystem.
Here’s what you will learn when you take up this course:
- Introduction to Bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies
- How do Bitcoins achieve decentralization, and how secure are they?
- Mechanics of Bitcoins (transactions, blocks, script, and the peer-to-peer network) and what factors determine their price?
- How to store and use Bitcoins?
- Bitcoin mining (who are Bitcoin miners, how do they function, what’s the business model for miners), and what impact do Bitcoin miners have on the environment?
- Different ways to improve Bitcoin’s anonymity/privacy and about its role in Silk Road and other hidden marketplaces
- Understanding Bitcoin as a platform & its future
Delivered by a renowned instructor – Arvind Narayanan from Princeton University, this top cryptocurrency course explains everything there is to know about Bitcoin.
The Complete Cryptocurrency Course
The Complete Cryptocurrency Course has five courses and is one of the most trusted and top-rated courses by businesses worldwide. It tells you everything about cryptocurrency and blockchain, including mining, investing, and much more.
This is a complete cryptocurrency course by Udemy that combines five different courses covers various aspects related to crypto, including:
- Cryptocurrency investing, about wallets, mining, and cryptocurrency exchanges
- Concept of blockchain and how to create a diversified portfolio of cryptocurrencies
- Introduction to 10+ cryptocurrencies, 5+ wallets to store crypto, and 5+ exchanges to leverage
The course also includes
- 24 hours on-demand video
- Six informational articles
- Five downloadable resources
- Lifetime access
- A certificate of completion
The course is delivered by Chris Haroun, an award-winning MBA professor, venture capitalist, and author.
The best part about the course is a comprehensive excel spreadsheet containing 30+ cryptocurrency exercises. These help you learn everything about cryptocurrencies and crypto investment.
Certified Cryptocurrency Expert (CCE)
CCE by Blockchain Council is an advanced-level certification that certifies you in the blockchain discipline of distributed ledger technology from a vendor-neutral perspective.
This 4 hours online course on crypto covers:
- Basics of cryptocurrency trading
- Strategies for making optimal trading decisions
- Introduction to blockchain
- All you need to know about the technological infrastructure that powers blockchains
- Introduction to crypto mining
- Comparison of the stock market and crypto market
- Introduction to crypto exchange & trade process
- Fundamental analysis in crypto training
- Various legalities and taxation aspects of crypto
CCE Certification is one of the best cryptocurrency courses online as it allows participants to enjoy the flexibility of completing the course at their own pace and schedule.
Cryptocurrency and Blockchain: An Introduction to Digital Currencies
Cryptocurrency and Blockchain: An Introduction to Digital Currencies offered by Wharton via Coursera is specially designed for individuals and organizations who wish to learn more about navigating investments in cryptocurrencies.
Here’s everything the course teaches you:
- Introduction to Cryptocurrency: Why crypto is a better alternative for all transactions
- Rules & Structure of Bitcoin: How Bitcoin works and overcomes several challenges
- Understanding Cryptocurrency & Asset Class: Sheds light on various risks and returns on Bitcoin
- Blockchain Ecosystem: Use cases in multiple industries
The course is delivered by renowned professors Jessica Wachter and Sarah Hammer.
It aims to guide you through developing a comprehensive framework for understanding both cryptocurrency and blockchain.
Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies
Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies is a 6-weeks comprehensive program in cryptocurrencies by edX.
The course allows you to learn about cryptocurrency along with the fundamentals of Bitcoins, the basics of Ethereum, smart contracts, and how to build decentralized applications.
It’s part of the blockchain fundamentals professional certificate program and covers:
- Bitcoin Protocol & Consensus: Fundamental concepts of Bitcoin
- History of Bitcoin: From Cypherpunk movement to JP Morgan Chase
- Mechanics & Optimizations: Technical overview of Bitcoin
- Bitcoin In Real-Life: Wallets, mining, and more
- Vulnerabilities: How to destroy Bitcoin, about network attacks, and more
The course is delivered by Rustie Lin and Mengyi (Gloria) Wang from the University of California, Berkeley.
Introduction to Trading with Technical Analysis
Spanning over three months, this edX course allows you to learn the technical analysis tools used in cryptocurrencies, including chart patterns and indicators.
This professional certification course covers:
- Module1 – Crypto Trading: Explains the fundamentals of technical analysis and how to apply it in real-life
- Module 2 – Quantitative Technical Analysis: Breaking down and teaching technical analysis
To achieve the edX certification, completing both the modules mentioned above is a must.
Along with that, you have to pass both module tests with a minimum score of 70%.
The course is delivered by Michael Carr from the New York Institute of Finance (NYIF).
Advanced Certificate Programme in Blockchain
Advanced Certificate Programme in Blockchain by the International Institute of Information Technology, Bangalore (IIIT-B) is specially designed for working professionals.
This 7.5 month-long online course covers various aspects of cryptocurrency, including:
- Everything you must know about Ethereum
- What is Hyperledger fabric?
- Distributed Application Development (smart contracts development, Backend development, API)
The course offer candidates excellent placement support:
- Via virtual hiring drive with 300+ hiring partners
- One-on-one mentorship sessions with leading industry experts
- Profile building workshops
- One-on-one resume review sessions
- Access to job opportunities portal with 100+ openings
- Company-specific support with a top-quality pool of resources
- Access to experts/ alumni for interview preparation
This course on cryptocurrency is perfect if you want to become a blockchain developer and learn how to build smart contracts. So the course is more on an advanced level.
Wrapping Up 👈
Cryptocurrency courses can range from basic explainers about trading Bitcoins for beginners to high-level overviews of blockchain technology for advanced professionals.
That’s because there’s plenty of cryptocurrency information that gives candidates what they need to understand the market and its technicalities.
The cryptocurrency courses mentioned above will give you in-depth knowledge about what cryptocurrency is, what’s all the hype about it, and why making a career in crypto is a smart decision.
Pro Tip: If you don’t know the ABC of Crypto, start with an introductory course and then climb your way up the ladder to learn advanced concepts and get better each day.
You may also be interested in Blockchain Courses.
The Metaverse is already here. 14 Metaverses you can already enter in 2022.
Not sure what DAO is? Quick and easy guide to DAO with examples.