If you’re a hardcore gaming enthusiast, you must have heard of American Truck Simulator.
American Truck Simulator is one of the most popular truck simulator games published and developed by SCS Software. The game includes business management elements and can be considered a successor of the 18 Wheels of Steel franchise.
If you’re a fan of this game and have been playing it for a while—you must know the importance of finding the correct server hosting provider to leverage high performance and a quality and immersive gaming experience.
So, whether you want to host a public server for multiple players or create a private server to play the game with close friends, in this blog, we share the best server hosting providers you can try for an optimum gaming experience.
We start with the American Truck Simulator’s overview, gameplay, and other essential details before getting into the server hosting providers list. Read along!
American Truck Simulator Overview
American Truck Simulator is the Euro Truck Simulator 2’s sequel that puts a player in the role of a truck driver responsible for delivering goods across multiple states and locations in the United States.
Here are a few basic yet essential details about the American Trust Simulator game:
- Developer and Publisher: SCS Software
- Announcement Date: September 6, 2013
- Release Date: February 2, 2016
- Platforms: Linux, Microsoft Windows, and macOS
- Genre: Vehicle Simulation
- Form: Base game
- Media: Steam, DVD
- Modes: single-player and multiplayer
- Sales: sold 2 million copies on Steam since its release
The game features 31 without DLC (Downloadable Content) and 180 with DLC cities and major U.S. states, including California, Arizona, Texas, Nevada, Oregon, Montana, New Mexico, and Colorado.
American Truck Simulator Gameplay
The American Truck Simulator game allows you to experience the life of a United States truck driver.
This game’s gameplay mainly focuses on driving a truck as a truck driver, delivering cargo and goods, and managing your trucking business.
The game starts by requiring the player to select a home city to operate the trucking business. Once the player selects the city, they’ll own a pre-placed truck garage—which will be the player’s home base.
The game is about delivering goods, such as building materials, food, or hazardous material, to a designated destination in a fixed amount of time. Successfully making such deliveries with minor damage to the goods and within the allotted time, the player can earn the maximum amount of money for their truck business and experience points for themselves.
At the same time, damaged and late deliveries of the goods will reduce the money and experience points of the player.
As the player earns more money, the player can purchase new and upgraded trucks or even hire NPC drivers to expand their business. Moreover, this scaling of business can also include the player buying new garages in different cities.
Additionally, as the player earns more experience points through successful deliveries, they can spend those points to purchase new skill upgrades, including:
- Fuel efficiency
- Carrying heavy cargo
- Carrying fragile cargo
- Carrying dangerous goods
- Route delivery distance
- Making essential and urgent deliveries
One of the unique gameplay features of American Truck Simulator is that it requires drivers to choose where to unload the goods they’re hauling once they reach their destination.
These two choices include:
- A “Desired Spot” provides more experience points, but the truck is difficult to park.
- A “Safe Spot” provides fewer experience points, but the truck is easier to park.
During the gameplay, the driver must adhere to the traffic rules, manage fuel consumption, and avoid collisions. Moreover, the game includes weather effects, a day and night cycle, and realistic physics—impacting the player’s driving experience.
Minimum System Requirements for American Truck Simulator
- OS: Windows 7 64-bit
- CPU: Dual Core CPU 2.4GHz
- RAM: 4 GB RAM
- DirectX: Version 10
- GPU/Graphics: GeForce GTS 450-class (Intel HD 4000)
- Storage: 7 GB available space
- Free Disk Space: 3 GB
Recommended System Requirements for American Truck Simulator
- OS: Windows 7, 8.1, or 10 64-bit
- CPU: Quad core CPU 3.0 GHz
- RAM: 6 GB RAM
- DirectX: Version 12
- GPU/Graphics: GeForce GTX 760-class (2 GB)
- Storage: 7 GB available space
- Free Disk Space: 3 GB
American Truck Simulator Side Quests
While the primary goal of the American Truck Simulator game is completing the deliveries, there are several side quests players can pursue to amplify their gaming experience and add more depth to it.
Here’s a list of the popular side quests of this game:
- Exploring the game’s expansive open world: The game allows players to take detours and explore different scenic views, towns, exciting landmarks, and other hidden gems—offering players a little break and allowing them to explore America’s diverse culture and geography.
- Building and managing a trucking company: Hiring drivers, purchasing additional trucks, and managing business logistics adds strategic depth to the game—allowing players to experience what running a real business looks like.
- Participating in time-limited events and challenges: These events may include delivering time-sensitive goods or participating in virtual trucking competitions—allowing players to earn rewards, like unique badges or in-game currency.
- Customizing gaming experience through mods: The game offers several mods, ranging from simple gameplay tweaks or massive overhauls, including adding new maps or game mechanics to customize the game or add more interesting side quests.
Thus, the side quests add more depth and variety to the game—allowing players to explore the virtual trucking world in multiple ways.
Why Does American Truck Simulator Require Hosting?
A server hosting solution to host games like American Truck Simulator provides multiple advantages to the players, including:
- Flexibility to play the game with friends and other players—making the experience more engaging and interactive.
- Run, host, and download mods even in the base game because of the server’s additional bandwidth and storage.
- Improved gaming performance and stability due to the optimized network infrastructure and server hardware—enabling a smooth and uninterrupted gaming experience with no lags or performance issues.
Thus, if you want to purchase a server hosting solution to run your game to leverage high performance or run mods, let’s look at the top and the most reliable hosting providers you can choose from to uplevel your game.
Hosthavoc provides premium ATS game servers with a 72-hour risk-free money-back guarantee with 24/7 technical support.
Hosthavoc hosts all its game servers on its modified TCAdmin v2 platform, offering a powerful, easy-to-use, and reliable control panel. This intuitive control panel makes it easier and quicker to customize your game server’s features and settings.
Here are more excellent features you can expect from Hosthavoc’s ATS game servers:
- Enhanced security with its 2-step verification and authentication via Google Authenticator.
- Seamless file management through FTP access or a web-based file management system.
- Always on DDoS protection to secure your ATS game server against DDoS attacks.
- A high 99.9% uptime guarantee as it ensures high network availability by housing the infrastructure on the most reliable and industry-based data centers.
Thus, if you want to experience a high-performance gaming experience for an affordable price, Hosthavoc’s ATS game server is the right choice.
Nitrado offers game servers for hundreds of games, including Minecraft, Ark, Counterstrike, and American Truck Simulator.
Depending on the number of trucker slots, Nitrado offers four plans with easy server management. You can easily install mods and plugins and share and manage servers together. For instance, it lets you edit server settings, restore backups, upload files, or manage players.
Moreover, you need not worry about server attacks or data loss. Its reliable servers offer enhanced DDoS protection and automated daily backups with fail-safe and high-quality server hardware.
One of the unique features of this game server is its high flexibility—providing flexible runtime, a server upgrade or downgrade, and the flexibility to switch your active game to any other game without losing your game progress.
1gserverhost offers to host with instant server setup and a customized control panel with the highly customized TCAdmin version, including complete FTP Access with excellent file management—making it easier to add mods.
Unlike other host providers, you can add unlimited players and leverage a full-offsite backup and recovery system. In addition, it offers servers in up to 9 global locations—ensuring the fastest connections to their data centers.
Other reliable features include automatic updates, backups, restarts, config editor forms, game switching, 24/7 customer support, enterprise hardware, and 24/7 access to the Discord community.
GTXGaming hosts over 2500 American truck simulator game servers worldwide, offering a powerhouse of features, including DDoS protection, enterprise hardware, and 24-hour refund.
It supports all the American Truck Simulator maps—immediately adding a map if it gets released in the case.
Additionally, GTXGaming offers an intuitive control panel that has gone through hours of coding and development—making it suitable for everyone, whether you’re a veteran or new to game hosting.
PingPerfect offers server hosting with an automatic server installation setup and an intuitive and flexible control panel for both mobile and desktop, with simple sliders and dropdown menus that make controlling and configuring the game server a breeze.
The control panel comes with advanced features that offer full FTP access, utilize text editors, and browser support for server configuration on a more detailed level.
Unlike other server hosting options, PingPerfect’s game server offers free web hosting with 1 GB of space, which you can use to communicate with other members or even advertise your game server.
Moreover, you also get free debranding with all their server game hosting solutions—which is another unique feature.
Shockbyte offers American Truck Simulator Server Hosting with a whopping 100% uptime, free subdomain, automatic backups and updates, and low latency.
They’re known for their reliable 24/7 customer support and a seamless and risk-free server upgrade and downgrade service—without the risk of losing critical files or settings during the upgrade.
Shockbyte offers complete customization and control to every aspect of your private server and files. Besides, you can easily switch between games at no additional cost.
Some critical features include:
- Full FTP Access
- Full configuration
- DDoS protection
- Server console
- Multicraft CP
- Free MySQL DB
- Global locations
You can also watch their YouTube tutorials and view the knowledgebase to get more detailed information about their American Truck Simulator Server Hosting solutions.
NetPlayers is one of the largest and most popular web server hosting providers in Europe, offering the best quality server hosting solutions, ensuring high customer satisfaction at an affordable price.
Their up-to-date server hardware meets the latest and highest server requirements, offering excellent connectivity that helps ensure low pings, clear communication, and a lag-free and performance-driven gaming experience.
Additionally, it offers a beginner and customer-friendly web interface, enabling easy server setup within a few clicks.
Here are some more reliable features of Netplayer’s American Truck Simulator Server Hosting:
- Over 120 game servers and mods are available on their cloud game server.
- Professional live, telephone, and email support.
- Customer-friendly web interface to build, manage, customize, and launch multiple game servers, like Battlefield, Counter-Strike, or Call of Duty.
- Multiple payment options, like a credit card, PayPal, Paysafecard, and direct debit (SEPA).
- Fast CPUs, latest server hardware, RAM, and SSD.
- Automated mod system installation.
It offers three different plans depending on the number of slots per player.
American Truck Simulator provides the thrill of driving trucks across the United States and earning points.
However, to get an enhanced gaming experience with exciting side quests and playing with multiple players. A reliable and secure gaming server hosting service is the right choice.
The best gaming server hosts offer a boosted website performance, sufficient resources, low latency, and stable connections—enabling a smooth and uninterrupted gaming experience.
So, make sure you go through the list of American Truck Simulator server hosting solutions mentioned above and choose the best solution that best suit your performance and budget needs.
Next, check out the best farming simulator hosting for everyone.