In a recent survey conducted by Kenscio, Email Marketing was prioritized at the 2nd position (59%) preceded by Social Media(76%).
Social Media has grown in the past couple of years. However, Email Marketing has been prevailing for a long time.
Choosing the best email marketing service can have a significant impact on the success of your marketing campaign. Some alternatives, though sound doesn’t quite price efficient.
Amazon SES (Simple Email Service) is a service that allows you to send and receive emails using your email addresses and domains. Amazon SES is an extremely cost-effective alternative and is thus quite popular.
Various email marketing platform has integrated with Amazon SES to offer a solution at the low cost.
AWS SES Powered Email Marketing Platform
Sendy is a self-hosted email newsletter application. It allows you to send bulk emails at an extremely low price.
It also integrates with many third-party applications like WordPress, Magneto, Joomla, and Zapier.
You can buy Sendy for a one time fee of 59$ and Emails cost $1 for every 10000 messages sent via Amazon SES.
- Sendy API is easy to integrate
- Gives a detailed report on campaign and users
- You can manage and import subscribers easily
- One account allows you to manage emails for multiple brands/products
- Custom domain for brands
- Clean inactive or unconfirmed emails
Sendy recently introduced version 4 with a fresh new look and many interesting features.
Email octopus is yet another service to send emails. However, it doesn’t use its web servers.
It has integrations with WordPress and Zapier.
It is free for the first 1000 subscribers. The pricing ranges $15 to $75 which efficiently works for up to 250,000 subscribers.
- Extremely light and speedy.
- There is a full WYSIWYG editor for easy building of campaigns.
- A rich list API to create, delete, fetch update lists.
Pepo campaign is the first enterprise-grade marketing platform which allows you to send marketing emails with AWS without much hassle. It’s headquarter is located in Palo Alto, California and was founded by Sunil Khedar.
It has an integration with Zapier (currently in beta phase) which will allow Pepo Campaigns to quickly integrate with Salesforce, Gmail, Zoho, Paypal and more.
It is free for up to 10,000 emails per month.
- It has its email template library.
- It also allows you to automate a campaign.
- It lets you segment and target customers based on their preferences and actions
- Generates campaign reports and statistics
- It has a transactional API which ensures an instant engagement with the customers
Moonmail is an open source email marketing solution based on a serverless framework. It allows you to create pretty neatly in a very less amount of time. It is extremely easy to use. It is used by various international brands like Warner Bros. and Nespresso.
Moonmail has integrations with Zapier and Shopify.
It just has two pricing plans. The forever free plan allows you to send 7500 emails per month. The Professional plan costs $9.99 per month and an additional of $0.5 per 1000 emails sent.
- It gives you an acknowledgment regarding the status of your emails sent. You can see whether your customers have opened your email or not, and how they interacted with it once they read it.
- Powerful, user-friendly drag and drop editor
- It provides in-depth analytics and user reports
- Ensures that all the emails reach the inbox of the receiver and not their spam folder
MailGet is a great cost-effective solution for email marketing. Along with Amazon SES, MailGet also connects with SMTP like SendGrid, Postmark, Google, Yahoo, etc. It is trusted by various companies like Massachusetts Institute of Technology, ISKCON, CISCO to name a few.
MailGet has integrations with Zapier, Google Analytics, and various other SMPTs.
MailGet has a pretty decent streamline pricing plans ranging from $29 to $79.
- It has an easy to use Drag and Drop editor
- It gives detailed information about the number of users who have checked your mail, number of users who clicked on the link mentioned in the mail, etc
- Importing and exporting your subscriber’s list is very easy
- It has an email autoresponder and can efficiently send drip emails.
FormGet got another email marketing production – MailGet Bolt. If you are looking for a bulk email marketing solution at a lower cost, then MailGet Bot would be the good pick. It got all the features you need including following.
- Real-time reporting
- Email personalization
- Email template library
- Unlimited email
- Advanced contact manager
- Geography & device reporting
EasyMail7 is an email marketing automation platform founded in 2009 by G-Lock Software. EasyMail7 is an excellent tool for large volume emails. It has over 7500 customers and a great support team.
EasyMail7 has an integration with Zapier which allows it to connect to various applications like Gmail, Google Docs, Salesforce, Shopify, Highrise, and Paypal. It also integrates with MS Access, MS Excel 97-2003, MS Excel 2007-2013, CSV Text file, MySQL and MS SQL Server database.
EasyMail7 has the following three pricing ranging from 159$ to 1569$
- It offers real-time tracking
- Automated email management and bounce handler
- Different plans for multiple users and supports up to 30 users
- You can schedule your email campaigns
- You can use scripts to customize emails for individual subscribers
EasySendy Drip is a great solution for email marketers and marketing agencies. Its primary targets are Small and Medium businesses which have a subscriber base of at least 5000.
It integrates with Mandrill, SendGrid, Sparkpost, Leaders end, Dyn, Elasticemail, MailGun.
EasySendy Drip’s pricing plans start from $19.
- It uses the concept of micro-delivery of emails which helps to increase the rate of opening on an email to a great extent.
- Customizable email list pages
- It provides in-depth Email List Segmentation
- Autoresponders which are more advanced than most other services
- It generates a real-time report about the email subscribers
Mautic is an open source powerful marketing automation software which allows you to send personalized email to your customers. The self-hosted version is unrestricted and completely free.
Matic provides a significant number of integrations including that with Facebook, Amazon, Instagram, WordPress, Joomla, Dropbox, Gmail, Twitter, WordPress.
The self-hosted version is unrestricted and completely free. However, the pro version comes with a variable price tag depending upon the number of contacts the email is going to be sent.
- You can design forms for your campaign to collect information from the users
- Detailed feedback on the application is provided
- Automated Campaigns can be scheduled
- Various channels like segment emails and template emails.
- Dynamic content allows you to display targeted or personalized content on web pages or email
Agile CRM is an all in one tool which includes Web engagement, Social media integration, Mobile Marketing with Email campaigns.
It has integrations with Zapier, WordPress, Exchange Office 365, ClickDesk, ZenDesk and Wufoo.
It is free for up to 10 users and starts at $8.99.
- It includes a decent set of templates
- Sorts contacts based on their score(frequency of opening the emails)
- Generates reports to analyze the performance
- Notifies in real time when a customer opens the mail
- Includes social media buttons to reach a broader audience
I hope the above solution helps you to reduce the email marketing cost.