An image or any pictorial representation of something are perceived in a much better manner than words.
Images always trump words when you see something new.
Social media has an overabundance or content all over it. To stand out among the rest, your content needs to be eye-catching. This purpose can be served with the help of images.
However, it can be a hassle to generate quality images consistently. It can consume a lot of time too. Various tools available have a considerable amount of learning curve associated with them.
The following 10 tools will help you to generate attractive images for Social Media, blog post, featured image, ads, etc.
Canva, founded in 2012 has reached a mark of over 10 million users now. Packed with a lot of great features, Canva is one of the best software to create images for social media.
Most of the features on Canva are free. For features which aren’t, there is a 30-day free trial available.
- Incredibly simple to use. Once you log in, Canva asks about your niche (Artist, Blogger E-Commerce, etc.). After that, it prompts you to choose the platform best suited for your image (Social Media, Presentation, etc.). That’s it! Then you are redirected to the page where you can edit your image further.
- Many beautiful layouts were available for FREE or S1 USD.
- Drag and Drop interface which works like a charm
- Many creative and professional looking templates available
- Large collection of free stock photos
- Preset layouts for facebook cover pics, Instagram post, and various other platforms
Stencil is an incredibly simple image editing tools prominently aimed towards bloggers, marketers and small business owners.
Stencil is my favorite and currently use for Geek Flare’s blog post featured image.
- Preset image sizes optimized for various social platforms like Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Huge collection of royalty free images, Quotes, and Icons
- Time-saving and hassle free
- You can also create a Youtube thumbnail
- Supports chrome and firefox extensions
- Attractive templates
Headquartered in Washington, PicMonkey has earned from over 190 countries and has over 25 million monthly users.
The premium version of PicMonkey is priced at $33 per year.
- You can choose fonts on your computer for text overlays
- Retouching features like red-eye removal or adding exposure are also available
- A lot of font choices are available
- It has an integration with Google Drive
- Incredibly swift responses
- It allows you to save a pic in multiple sizes
Fotor is a multi-platform online photo editing tool. It is used by a lot of people for its ‘Collage’ feature. It is available for every major mobile device as well as desktops.
- No learning curve
- It offers various effects for your image
- Different fonts available to overlay your image with text
- Preset templates to different posts like social media posts banner ads and posters.
- All the tools are very easy to navigate
Befunky, founded by Tekin Tatar and Kemal Ozisikcila is a great collage maker. Along with collage, it also supports online image editing.
It is user-friendly and enhances the quality of an image using its robust algorithm with only one click.
- Supports drag and drop
- Many collage templates
- Auto fill feature allows you to automatically add images to the collage
- Lot of fonts available
- No watermarks
- No limitations
- You can add clipart from its huge directory to a collage and can even overlay them on your image
- Powerful editing tools and amazing photo effects
Pixlr is a cloud-based image editing tool. You can think of it as Photoshop integrated into a website. It was founded by Ola Sevandersson in 2008, however, was later acquired by Autodesk in 2011.
- You can access desktop capabilities of Photoshop on a smartphone device.
- You don’t need to register or have an account to edit images
- It can be accessed easily through a standard web browser
- The user interface is very similar to Photoshop. So editing on the go can be easier for those familiar with Photoshop’s interface
- There is also a simple version which can be helpful to add quick effects to your image
All you need to do is upload your image on the website and choose the social media platform your wish to fit your image in. Then you can further crop the picture if necessary.
Recite is a very fast tool to create quote images for social media. Quotes relate to people at a personal level, and so are an important mechanism for generating shareable content.
You just need to put text in the text box on the home screen, and it gives your many live previews. You can choose any one of them and download the file.
It also has an option to share your image to various social media platforms directly.
Page2Images is an excellent service available to take a screenshot of your website. It is easier to describe the layout of the site using a screenshot that explaining it in words.
Web developers and designers can user Page2Images to easily store a graphic form of the website.
One their homepage, you can put the URL of a website to get the desired output.
You can also generate a screenshot of a web page with the help of API.
PlaceIt allows you to easily create demos of your website being used in a live environment. You can take a screenshot of your website and place it on a laptop or a smartphone making it look like the site is live in real life.
It has over 2500 live mockups available. Low-resolution mockups are available for free.
Images are essential for social media success, and I hope this article helped you to find tools to create images for various Social Media platforms.