WordPress is one of the most popular platforms with more than 63% of market share in CMS and 38% of all websites.
WordPress is the first choice for many requirements like a personal blog, news site, corporate page, e-commerce, etc.
There are many cheap hosting solutions for WordPress, which is ok for when you are starting or playing around.
However, once your website is popular and starts gaining heavy traffic, you need a premium hosting provider for better availability and performance.
Quality doesn’t come cheap.
As the traffic increases, you need a server which can handle millions of request and doesn’t crash when traffic surges. Quality hosting would cost you a little extra than traditional hosting, but trust me, it would pay you back.
The following WordPress optimized hosting solution is for optimal performance & security. They are designed with an inbuilt WordPress installation and control panel to manage & configure your website, which consumes less time and effort.
Most of the things are doable with just one click.
The advantage of hosting your site with a quality provider.
- Excellent customer support – you might think what it got to do, but when things go wrong, or you don’t have time to fix, you can always rely on their customer support.
- High uptime – the server can crash or goes down for many reasons, but quality hosting providers will have a high-availability setup, so your website is always running with no or less downtime.
- Better security – they provide account security like two-factor authentication, brute-force attack prevention, SSL certificate, and many other things to keep your website safe and secure from online threats.
- Better performance – they use the latest tech stack and hot technologies to make your website load faster.
Let’s take a look at the next provider who takes care of the backend datacenter works so you can focus on your business.
Kinsta is powered by the Google Cloud Platform and provides fully managed WordPress hosting to small to enterprise businesses. A business plan starts from $100 a month, which includes 5 WP sites with inbuilt CDN.
Some of the features highlight:
- Active and passive security – your site is monitored every minute to detect malicious requests, DDoS attacks, and stop them proactively.
- Flexibility to choose data center location – you can decide where you want to host your website from the US, Europe, or Asia.
- Site Migration – you can engage Kinsta support to migrate your existing website for FREE.
- Backup – your sites are automatically backed up every day. Backup is your friend.
- Tech stack – built on Nginx, PHP7 & MariaDB for fast loading web pages.
WP Engine is an award-winning digital experience platform for small to enterprise businesses. Trusted by more than 120,000 customers, including AMD, Yelp, MaxCDN, New Relic, etc. You can get it started from $30 a month.
WP Engine is built on highly scalable architecture with EverCache, and the following are some notable features.
- Real-time security – threats detection & prevention – your site is secured from online attacks like DDoS, XSS, SQLi, and other WordPress related vulnerabilities.
- Auto-updates – don’t worry about updating WordPress, WP Engine does for you.
- Automatic Migration – Migrate existing WordPress to WP Engine in just a few clicks.
- Staging area – running a busy website and don’t want to change directly in production? Quickly create a copy of your site so you can do a test before pushing the changes to the live website.
- Unlimited data transfer, FREE SSL, PHP7 ready.
So go ahead and give a try to WP Engine and see how it works. Anyway, they offer 60-days money back so you can cancel anytime if not satisfied.
Running a web agency and would like to offload WordPress hosting & management to someone? Try Flywheel.
Pricing starts from $15 a month with rock-solid features. Flywheel provides the only WordPress hosting so you can consider they are specialized in one thing and do it well. With the inbuilt caching feature, you don’t have to worry about third-party plugins. You get the following with every plan.
- SFTP access – secure FTP to transfer your files to the server.
- Auto backup – backup is taken every night, and whenever needed, you can restore with just one click.
- Malware scanning – Flywheel has partnered with SUCURI for continuous malware scans to your site.
Flywheel blueprint is perfect for cloning. Blueprint lets you create a pre-installed package with your favorite themes, plugin so you can get your WordPress site ready faster with just one click.
Ready to fly? Try Flywheel to see if it works for you.
Designed for mission-critical sites. Thousands of customers trust Nexcess, and some of the world’s leading brands are FedEx, GM, Xerox, Fila, ESPN, etc.
Nexcess by Liquid Web provides site-wide caching, image compression, and some of the following notable features.
- Managing multiple sites – partnered with iThemes to provide easy various site management. You can update multiple WordPress with just one click.
- Unlimited pageviews – no need to pay extra if traffic increases.
- Dynamic LB – load balancing for high-availability
- FREE SSL Cert, backup, migration
- Security monitoring
Nexcess managed WordPress hosting plan starting from $19.
Pantheon is lightning fast WordPress hosting built on the following hot technologies, ready to scale to serve hundreds of millions of requests.
- Varnish Cache
- New Relic
Pantheon is trusted by thousands of big organizations like Dell, Docker, Tableau, Nvidia, etc. and claim to the fastest hosting on the planet.
Pricing starts from $25 for a personal site. If you are looking for a reliable, scalable WordPress solution, then it looks like Pantheon would be a good choice.
SiteGround is known for quality customer support and providing superior site performance. You may choose from the following two plans for the best performance.
Cloud hosting – fully managed cloud server to host your preferred CMS, including WordPress. Some of the features include.
- Dedicated IP
- cPanel – easy to manage your hosting
- Auto-scalable resource
- SSH & WP-CLI access
- GIT integration
The cloud hosting plan starts from $80.
Go Geek plan – suitable for ~100,000 visits. If your budget is tight and the expected traffic is a medium-range, then Go Geek plan would be a good choice. You can get it started from $11.95 a month.
WordPress.org recommends SiteGround, and the following are some of the notable features.
- Hosting infrastructure that is optimized for WordPress especially
- In-house built SG optimizer plugin to improve the performance of WordPress sites hosted on environments, such as advanced caching for top site speed, image optimization, multisite option, and more.
- A pre-installed Elementor site builder
- Free automatic updates of WordPress and core plugins
- Free SSL
- Free Cloudflare CDN integration
- Expert 24/7 WordPress Support via phone, chat, ticket (waiting time is up to 10 minutes)
- The default WordPress dashboard is replaced with a simple screen that will help a beginner quickly navigate to content editing or to the settings of any installed plugin. Yet, if you don’t like it, you can easily exit the new Starter experience and revert to the standard WordPress dashboard.
- Free and quick site migration from other hosts
- Free automated daily backup and restore
- Managed WordPress security
More than 2 million site owners trust SiteGround.
Pagely is powered by AWS to help a big brand to scale WordPress. Pagely pricing starts from $499, and you get everything you can ask for.
- Unlimited pageviews – no matter how busy your site is
- CDN – global CDN included serving content to the users from the nearest location
- Advanced security – don’t worry about your site being attacked
- Route 53 latency reduced DNS
- Dedicated IP, HTTP/2 ready, PHP 7
- Access – get everything you need like SSH, Database, WP-CLI
Pagely is trusted by a brand like Visa, Disney, Comcast, eBay, Garmin.
Enterprise-ready platform starting from $790 per month. However, a lower plan for personal and small to medium business is also available, starting from $21 per month.
Pressidium hosting architecture is built an enterprise in mind, so you get top-notch infrastructure reliability, high-availability, security, and performance. The following is typical traffic flow, but don’t worry about those components as you don’t have to manage them. Its managed hosting platform and all infrastructure are managed by Pressidium.
Speaking about security, DDoS at network and web application level is covered, and a complete tech stack is optimized for WordPress.
Powered by Amazon Cloud Infrastructure, WPOptim is known for its heavy-performance cloud servers. If you’re someone who fancies speed, scalability, and security, then this might be just the one you’re looking for. They provide each and every account with managed private servers, and I can say their support team is one of the best in the crowd.
Here are just some of the benefits you’ll be getting:
- Free migrations
- Top-notch security
- Daily backups
- World-class performance
Another brilliant thing is, you can choose the data centers that are closest to your site visitors. You can get started for as low as $30/month.
Used by companies like Whirlpool and The American Genius, Pressable takes pride in offering a service that is more than just hosting. They go deep in to actually go along with your business for a prospective future. So much so, they’re happy to assist you in migrating your site or even better, do everything themselves without you lifting a finger.
Once you’re settled in, their support team will regularly check on your sites to analyze and fix any issues that occur, which is quite remarkable. Not to mention their 24/7 support staff that’ll be available to you at any given time.
Pressable’s pricing plans start from just $45/month, but you can try any of their plans free for 90 days before taking a call.
Managing a busy site is challenging as it requires excellent skills and knowledge on multiple infrastructure levels. If you are good at that, then you may build your WordPress environment; otherwise, you can choose from the above list.
Almost all offer money-back, so go ahead and give a try to see what works for you.