Having a flawless and smooth payment system for your WordPress website is essential.
If it takes an eternity for buyers to pay for the product, do you think they’d stick around and wait?
Of course not!
This article will go into the details of the seven best plugins to accept payments on WordPress sites. But first, let’s see why you need an excellent plugin to handle payments.
Advantages of a Good Payment Gateway
- Flexibility: A good payment plugin lets customers pay via credit/debit cards, EMV chip, contactless, and several other methods giving multiple choices for completing a transaction
- Lessen Mark-Up Pricing: Lessen the processing fees (if feasible) and outcompete others.
- Security: Best WordPress payment plugins are compliant with security standards like PCI, DSS, etc.
Below are the seven best plugins you can leverage to accept payments for WordPress.
WP Simple Pay
Are you looking for the best way to accept payments on your WordPress site?
WP Simple Pay is one of the best WordPress plugins to accept payments without having a shopping cart.
- Simple Payment Collection: Makes money collection accessible on your WordPress site, so you don’t have to create a complicated shopping cart or coding procedure for the same
- Allows Custom Payment: Has a feature that lets customers decide how much to pay, making it ideal for donations and one-time payments
- No Card Payment: Accept payments directly from bank accounts via ACH debit payments
- Integrated Subscription: This allows your customers to sign up for a regular subscription and recurring payment
- Offer Customized Discounts: This lets you offer customized discounts with codes to your customers for an enhanced shopping experience.
Trusted and used by over 16000 users worldwide, this plugin takes only up to a 2% transaction fee.
If users want to avoid this fee, they can upgrade to WP Simple Pay Pro.
When it comes to small businesses, WP Simple Pay Lite makes up an excellent choice.
WP Full Stripe
WP Full Stripe lets you accept payments without any coding skills.
Over 7000 customers worldwide leverage WP Full Stripe to accept payment for their WordPress website. It’s recognized as a handy and easy-to-use tool. The plugin is best suited for small and mid-sized businesses.
It takes very little time to set up, and you wouldn’t need special skills or experts to add this to your site.
In addition, one-time investment and a 14-day refund policy make this plugin an excellent option for beginners.
- Save Card Information: Save customers’ card information securely for easier, one-step payments after the first.
- Pricing Tables: Integrate pricing tables with payment buttons and make checkout easier
- Easy Setup & Management: Manage most of your monetary tasks within your WP site with this plugin
- Single-Step: Saves you from annoying multi-page payment procedures and maintaining shopping carts
- Complete Personalization: Customize the payment of your site the way you and your customers like the most
- Multi-Lingual & Localized: Win the trust of your customers by adding your translated texts to messages
- Enhanced Record-Keeping: Study and learn from your customers’ data to enhance your service and provisions
Stripe Payments lets you easily accept credit card payments from customers when they buy from your WordPress site.
Constituted of a simple shortcode, it has several features that set it apart from other WP payment plugins.
Over 3 million websites use Stripe, including Reddit, Udemy, Stack, etc. Large enterprises use and love it due to its highly customizable working, customer support, and security. Accepting payment through Stripe on the WordPress site is easy with this plugin.
- Multi-Lingual: Incorporates seven different languages, making your site free from linguistic boundaries
- Fraud Protection: ML-based fraud protection radar helps detect and block frauds
- Globalized: Accept payments from anywhere, anytime in 137 different currencies, and through numerous payment method
- Flexible Payment Options: Customers can choose various payment options like buy-now-pay-later and several pay in-store options, boosting your customer purchase power
- Web-Friendly: Employ elements and checkout to make your payment gateway swift and web-friendly
GiveWP is a renowned WordPress plugin to accepts donations on your WP site easily. It’s a powerful plugin that lets you receive payments hassle-free and within seconds.
This easy-going, ideal-for-donations plugin is popular among fundraising companies and NGOs.
Having won appreciation from ~100k active users worldwide, Give WP is a flexible plugin.
The setup wizard makes the plugin easy to download and set up, but on the same side, coders can customize the functionality by altering it in any way they want.
Although Give WP doesn’t charge anything to install and set up, the features it has to offer are pretty limited.
To unleash the plugin’s full power, you must upgrade to a higher, more pricey premium version.
The plugin has just two options – either use its free version or the pricey one, so you might have to make do with the basics if you’re on a tight budget.
- Specialized for Donations: Integrated closely with donation drive methodology, GiveWP incorporates a very personalized donation experience for your customers
- Easy Management: With tables and charts conceptualizing your progress in collecting donations, you get an insightful report of your site’s performance
- Import-Export: Keep track of your donation in one place; import and export data from previous websites and donation drives
- Powerful Add-Ons: Use add-ons to upgrade and personalize the payment process on your store
- Ecommerce Tracking: Learn about your donors’ behavior by the Google Analytics add-on
- Registration & Tracking: Give your donors a complete record of their payments and let them make accounts
WordPress PayPal Plugin
For sellers with a conscious audience, the WordPress PayPal plugin lets you accept payments on your site just by adding a shortcode.
- PayPal Integrated Payment Gateway: Win the trust of your customers by using a renowned, internationally known payment getaway within your site
- Easy & Customizable Purchase: Accept donation, funding, recurring or one-time payment using WordPress PayPal
- Hassle-Free Management: Keep track of all your purchases from your WordPress admin dashboard; no need to jump between portals
- Strengthen Security Using PayPal Sandbox: Supports Sandbox that lets you run a test purchase before deploying products to real customers and ensures that your website is compatible.
- Doesn’t Affect Themes & Templates: WordPress PayPal is compatible with the latest WordPress update and works flawlessly with all themes and templates.
- Robust Coding: SkyVerge is an easy-to-use and easy-to-setup platform
- Past Exemplary Growth: The plugin boosts your sales and focuses more on your business less on your website
- Intricate Specialization: Each SkyVerge plugin is crafted explicitly for the eCommerce store in question, focusing on your needs and requirements
- A Trusted Brand: SkyVerge enjoys much patronization from WordPress users and has been downloaded more than 3 million times
Braintree for WooCommerce is yet another helpful plugin that can help you ace your business and payment methods.
Having closely worked with PayPal, this payment gateway wins the trust of many!
- All-In-One: Incorporates almost all payment methods, including Google Pay, Apple Pay, PayPal pay later, etc.
- WooCommerce Integration: The Braintree Gateway integrates with WooCommerce giving you an array of features to use
- Save Card Information: Customers can easily save their credit card information without fearing theft or fraud.
- Easy Management & Security: The gateway offers refund-processing and empty transaction management in the best possible ways
- Fast, Efficient, & Seamless: Braintree by WooCommerce lets your customers experience easy payment checkouts, enhancing user experience
A payment plugin that prioritizes customer needs before anything is the best to accept payments for your WordPress website.
All the seven plugins mentioned in this listicle are trusted, tested, and efficient. Selecting one of these depends on how old your business is, what business model do you leverage, and what’s your budget.
If you’re just starting and have a tight budget, we’d recommend using Stripe Payments. On the other hand, if you’re a mid-sized business and can afford to buy a payment plugin, WP Simple Pay will work flawlessly for you.
For established businesses, WP Full Stripe is the best option.
You may also look at the best payment processing solutions.
More great readings on Growing Business
Manage Your Business Finance With Novo Checking AccountBipasha Nath on October 4, 2022
Whitepaper – What, Purpose, Types, and How to Write ItTanish Chowdhary on October 3, 2022
Automate HR Tasks With Freshteam and Improve EfficiencyBipasha Nath on September 30, 2022
How to Win at Customer Happiness with FreshworksShalabh Garg on September 29, 2022
WhatsApp Chatbot and Automation to Generate Leads with LandbotRahul Lakhwani on September 29, 2022
13 Shipping Label Printers For Your New E-Commerce PortalShalabh Garg on September 28, 2022