Amaze your users with personalized greetings, content and more.
If your online business relies on the user’s location, then you should think of leveraging Geolocation API to offer the relevant products, services, news, notifications. Technically, there are two possible ways to use Geolocation IP.
- Geo IP database – you buy an IP database and host it on your server and refer within your application. The problem in using the IP database is that you have to update it otherwise regularly, you will not have up-to-date IP location information.
- Geo API – you don’t need to worry about maintaining and updating it regularly. You refer to the API within your application to retrieve the necessary IP information. You pay for what you use.
Let’s take a look at the following Geo IP offering.
ipdata.co leverage AWS global infrastructure to offer reliable performance. You can look up a single IP or bulk – your choice. You can get it started from as low as $10 per month. And, you can play around with their services by using a free API key.
- Carrier detection support to help you find the ISP name
- Provides detailed Geological data like organization, timezone, ISP, postal code, latitude or longitude, language, country, city, and region.
- Supports Tor detection – A flag is returned to inform you if IP address resembles a node of Tor Exit.
- Provides a country’s major currency details
Maxmind offer GeoIP database and fraud detection services. If you are looking to offer personalized service, ads targetting with fraud detection, then Maxmind would be a good choice.
Maxmind also offers GeoLite2 database which is free to use under CC international license.
IP-API is an efficient API to available at a very economical charge. Moreover, it contains a free tier package that allows you to try the APIs. However, it cannot be used for commercial purpose. API data formats are available in JSON, CSV, XML & Newline.
It supports batch query, and you can format the request for the output you want. You can query IPv4, IPv6 or URL.
Find country, postal code, language, location, time zone, currency, organization and more with ipapi. It supports JSON, JSONP, XML, CSV and YAML formats.
All API requests are made over HTTPS, and the paid plan got email support, usage alerts notification through email, API to monitor usage and bulk IP lookup. If you need less than 30,000 lookups, then you can get it started with their FREE plan.
ipgeolocation focuses on providing in-depth geolocation data. Help customers to autocomplete country, city, zip code and more on your order page, lead generation, signup, etc.
Threat intelligence is included to detect proxy, spam traffic, bad bots, etc.
Improve conversion of eCommerce, network traffic analytics with IPInfoDB. Integrate into your favorite languages – PHP, C#, ASP, Ruby, Python, Drupal, WordPress, Joomla. Its free service which allows two queries per second.
Trusted by HubSpot, Samsung, Microsoft, Airbnb and thousands of brands.
ipstack infrastructure is scalable to serve million of request daily. They offer three endpoints.
- Standard lookup – to get the data behind an IP address
- Bulk – single query to retrieve multiple IPs data
- Requester – to fetch data behind requester’s IP address to API
ipstack data is divided into five modules.
- Location – a standard GeoIP data
- Time zone – get the time zone so you can serve personalized greetings or products
- Security – detect if a request is from proxy, TOR, crawler and tag them with a threat level
- Currency – show the pricing in the user’s local currency
- Connection – get the ASN and ISP details
The average response time of ipstack API is 25ms which is excellent. Their free plan includes a location module with 10,000 requests per month.
dbip offer API and downloadable database, both. It comes with an excellent administrative panel where you can create usage notification alerts, real-time analytics, historical trends and more.
Reliable and lighting fast – IPinfo offer the following.
- Hosting data – know who is hosting the site/IP
- Geolocation – user’s exact location with standard GeoIP data
- Network – ASN or ISP details of visitors
- Carrier detection – detect carrier name and mobile network code
- IP type – check if IP belongs to consumer, business or hosting provider
- Company – know the visitor’s company name
With IPInfo data, you can genuinely power your business in many ways.
Most of the GeoIP API products offer FREE or trial so perform few IP lookups to see which one returns satisfying data.